Halloween has come and gone and the girls had a blast. Our first 'dose' of Halloween came on the Thursday night beforehand, where Monet's school held their annual 'Fall Festival'. Basically it is everything Halloween with apple bobbing, 'candy galore', blow up castles, food (food! oh so much food!), lots of people (so many people!) and lots of gorgeous kids dressed up in various costumes and the like.
Monet had decided many weeks ago, that she wanted to be a clown at the Festival. A clown? Okay, so I thought I might actually make her an outfit....which didn't happen. I cheated and visited my local 'Party Store' and was most impressed to find an actual clown costume. The nose and hair were separate purchases, but Monet was rapt when I presented to her, her outfit. So, with a
She did scare herself when she looked in the mirror, and ten minutes before we were to head out the door, the wig and nose were on the thrown on the floor and Monet was not at all keen on going dressed as a clown. Urgh, kids I tell you. But with a bit of reassurance, we went with Monet dressed as a clown and she was a hit. I still look at that above photo and don't recognise that girl.
So, by the time Halloween rolled around a few days later, the clown idea was out the window and Monet declared she was going as a 'scary fairy' to go Trick or Treating in our neighbourhood. And Lily? Well, she was going as a cute Pumpkin.
A cute pumpkin with an Aussie twist.
By then end of the evening, Lily's trick or treat bucket was full to over-flowing. It initially took her a few door knocks to get the hang of the whole idea. She was not keen on people putting something in her bucket but when she worked out that she was getting candy/sweeties/lollies, well, anyone who gave her some were her friend.
I was most surprised that she didn't want to go trick or treating the following evening.



3 comments:
They both look so very cute! Funny about Monet and The Clown....! Like you said..."Kids"! It is nice to know they celebrate Halloween there , too.
OMG. That clown outfit is more scary than the scary fairy!!! I'm not surprised Monet got a fright when she looked in the mirror — I don't recognise her at all.
The pumpkin is dead cute though ;-)
I think you're spot-on with the Stephen King reference...:)
Very cute scary fairy and pumpkin though!
Post a Comment