Thursday, November 17, 2011

Red Pesto


Over the last few months I have been making a 'killer' red pesto which I use more like a dip.  Spread on plain dry biscuits or slices of baguettes, it really is delicious - and oh so easy!  I like to use my own roasted peppers by putting slices of red pepper under the grill, blackening the skin, popping in a plastic zip top bag for 5 minutes and then peeling the skin off.

Ingredients
50g sun dried tomatoes
75g roasted peppers
50g blanched almonds (or plain cashews!)
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Method
Put the tomatoes, peppers, almonds and garlic in a food processor and process to a paste.  Stir in the Parmesan and oil and season with salt.

It is still quite chunky but oh so delicious.  You should try it!

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds very very Yummmmmy....! And not too hard to make, too...!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Easy and delicious! My kind of recipe. I'll have to give it a go!
x Katherine

Imaginography said...

Sounds and looks delicious! :)