I neglected to tell you in my previous post that I 'did' my back in last Tuesday. There couldn't be worse timing, let me tell you. It was the final week I was spending in country Victoria, a week I had been looking forward to with the anticipation of moving on towards our new chapter. But I buggered up all that excitement by bending down to pick up a piece of laundry off the floor when "shit!"
Long story short - was very much out of action for a good four days with me completely resting, sitting for an hour, hobbling around for a bit then sitting back down. I was in agony sitting down and then standing up. Agony lying in bed. I visited a physio a couple of times which helped and I will have to find one now in Cairns for visiting permanently, as it was noted that it might be a reoccurring thing, seeing it has happened twice before over the past two years. However last week's incident was the worst yet.
One thing I am thankful for is that MrL's parents had Monet stay over for three nights whilst my parents looked after Lily (and myself). Lily was brilliant. Being very much a 'mummy's girl', she quickly became a 'Grandma's girl'. There were a few firsts last week, but the big one was Lily getting to sleep by putting herself to bed (in a big bed at that!) and falling asleep rather quickly without having her Mum near by.
So here, I will publicly thank my in-laws for looking after Monet for three nights and four days and to my parents, especially to my mum, for letting me do bugger all and looking after Lily. It was shit timing doing my back, but in a way, good timing that it happened in a place where my girls were able to be looked after by others.
Sunday saw my parents drop Monet, Lily and I off at the airport, where we checked into the Park Royal Airport for the night (takes the stress out of getting to the airport in the morning, when you have to travel two hours to get there). The girls thought it was great fun - so did I as I didn't have to share a bed with a certain 2 year old, after sharing a bed practically each night for the past six weeks!!
I can't describe to you how it felt to be flying back into Cairns after a three and a half years absence. I'm pretty sure I was close to tears (of happiness and relief!)
I'm pretty sure it was the same feeling I got roughly three hours later when MrL rocked up in a taxi after his flight from Abu Dhabi. Six weeks without your best friend and father of your children was (at times) tough going.
MrL's mother arrives tomorrow for a week - she's up here to see MrL, who she hasn't seen for over a year, and the short term apartment we are in is a three bedder, so I said if she wanted to visit she was more than welcome to. I didn't have to convince her. MrL leaves for Abu Dhabi again on Monday for another four weeks. Not before seeing Monet off at her new (lovely) school on Monday morning!
So our new chapter has begun. And what a chapter it is starting to be. Awesome.
5 comments:
I hope you are able to get your back problem under control, my dear---I know it can be a real "pain"......It's good that you will find a physio there in Cairns....
And I bet it is WONDERFUL to have MrL there even if it is just for a week....! ENJOY, ENJOY!!
Ouch to the back - but yay for the return to Cairns and Monet starting school and seeing Mr L and the new chapter in your life!!!
I'm happy you are all about to start on another new chapter in your family life. I hope your back continues to improve :)
It sounds very exciting to be starting this next new chapter!
As for the back, I feel your pain. Having a physio or osteo that you're comfortable with is vital, in my own painful experience, in keeping bad backs under control.
Hope everyone settles (back) in easily.
Ooooh, OUCH! Hope you're on the mend and settling back in well. Certainly sounds like you are. x
Post a Comment