But winter in the north of Australia is much different to the winter in the south of the country!
To us in Far North Queensland, it means cool mornings (of around 15 degrees) and beautiful sun filled, blue, cloudless skies and the temperature steady at 25 degrees.
It is also the time of year when the Coral Sea changes from a murky, sandy brown (due to continual rain and rivers flowing into the ocean) to beautiful sea greens and blues.
It also means you can eat ice creams without them melting instantly. But you can still get them all over your face given half a chance.
I can't stand being cold for too long (I get sick of hearing myself whinge) so I think living in the tropics suits us all...



2 comments:
When you speak of 15 and 25 degrees---that has to be a different measure than we have here---THAT would be bekow FREEZING here.....lol!
It's summer here and it hasn't stopped raining for about 2 weeks. Top temp? About 17C, but it's been mainly 14 or 15C!!
Post a Comment