Last week I had the misfortune opportunity to visit the Cairns Show. This show runs for three days and is the largest regional show in Australia. Monet's school sent home a letter, saying that if your child was in the Ukulele Club (ahem. Which Monet is.), then parents could meet with the club at the entrance and gain free access. You little ripper.
Even though Monet's school had already entered the Show (me not knowing) I just asked if her school had entered to the gate attendant and was told to go on through. Bonus.
I guess the payment was sitting for an hour, listening to another school's choir, then Monet's Ukulele Club play five or six songs (all in the Chord G) on those annoying little guitars...
Considering Monet's only been playing for a couple of months she did really well. She did look bored after about two songs but at least she was up there on stage, strumming along.
I must say, even though the Show Bags cost a small fortune, there were squeals of delight coming from the back seat on the drive home, as they peered in their bags. That, my friends, was worth it. =)
1 comment:
I've been playing the Uke since 1949-50. And it really is quite a versitile littler intsrunent IF you can get out of just using the "G" chord...lol!
I bought my first Uke (a Martin) in 1949 and then in 1962-63 bought a Baritone Uke...A really Beautiful instrument made by Martin....I still have them both and actually used my Baritone on Broadway---People thought I was playing a small guitar...So...I encourage you to encourage your dear Monet--it can be a lot of fun, and the variations in chords are really pretty astounding!
Post a Comment