Friday, August 03, 2012

A Two Night Getaway

A few weeks back it was a 'Cairns' long weekend.  Instead of us going stir crazy in our apartment MrL suggested we go and stay up at Port Douglas (a 45 minute drive north from our place) for a couple of nights.  We found some cheap accommodation (cheap by Port Douglas standards) in a fabulous spot, opposite 4 Mile Beach and just off the main shopping strip.  

We got up to Port a bit too early so I suggested to go up to the 'Lookout'.  The view up there is stunning.  Below is a photo of the 4 Mile Beach....



After lunch and finally being able to check into our apartment, the girls could not wait to get themselves down to the beach.  They had a fun time running about, paddling and playing in the sand.  It was a bit too windy though and the wind did get the better of us so we left after an hour or so...


Saturday morning we took a walk around the main part of Port Douglas.  It is a very photogenic place to visit, if you enjoy taking photos...


This boat is off to the Great Barrier Reef
I think I have mentioned time and time again on this blog, how I love a Marina.  This one is no exception.  


In the afternoon we ventured to the beach again.  It was windy again.


In typical Melody and MrL style, Sunday morning saw us all set and packed to leave early.

It is always pleasant to visit Port Douglas and we are fortunate that it is a short (very scenic) drive from our place.  It was nice to go and stay somewhere else for a couple of nights and the girls had a blast.

3 comments:

kimbofo said...

Looks beautiful :-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Just looking at that photo you took of the Beach, brought total relaxtion into my body...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, a Beautiful clean sandy Beach, with gorgeous calm seas floating in.....Wish I could have been there with you all---the whole weekend sounds like it was wonderful for everyone....!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

We used to go there years ago, before there was much development. I haven't been in abut 14 years, so I wonder how much it has changed?