Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Sunday

All up, we have lived in FNQ for roughly three and a half years and not once had we walked down to our local beach and had fish'n'chips for lunch there.  Well, I can say now that we have done that and it was really nice to do so.  

Last Sunday was a beautiful, sunny, warm day, though a bit windy.  We decided to enjoy some lunch down the beach and were lucky enough to score a sheltered picnic table, opposite the view below.  


Even though the photos don't show it, it was busy down the beach.

There was a cruise ship anchored out at sea, ferrying it's passengers back and forth between the mainland and the ship.  The main cruise terminal in Cairns is currently being renovated so we figured that's why they were doing this action.


Gee, that lady, ahem, my mum is wearing a nice skirt isn't she?  So is that little Blondie. ;P
After returning home we decided to brave our pool.  Yep, still winter here (only just) and the first use of the pool since returning.  Sure, was a little cool but really nice once in.  Both girls enjoyed themselves, along with MrL.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That beach looks SOOOO Peaceful and Beautiful---I think I would be there every day I could---even if just for a little while....
Fun to see that Big Cruise Ship! And those very very pretty skirts, my dear!

Budget Jan said...

I agree there is nothing better than fish and chips at the beach!

kimbofo said...

Fish'n chips on the beach is a MUST!

Also, can't believe how TALL Monet is in that picture — and how dark her hair has gone!