Tuesday, January 08, 2013

After a self-imposed sewing break....

.... I started sewing again.  It had been a few weeks, but over that time I have been inspired to get back on the sewing machine and try a few new things.

Yesterday, following an online tutorial, I made a lined zippered pouch.  I was very excited to see that it actually worked out!




So, I sewed some more.

Top right one is for Monet to use as a school pencil case.
The bottom two pouches had to be zippered using invisible zips, due to me only having those type.  Not the best type to use in the pouches so I feel another trip to Spotlight is on the cards to purchase some 'normal' zips.

They're simple and fun to make so I suspect that I will be making many (many) more in the very near future.

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Quick zipper tip - the op shops usually have plenty and they're only around 20 cents each!

Uli said...

Very cute.

kurrabikid said...

Nice work!