When MrL's parents were up over Christmas we all visited a particular little restaurant that I had been eyeing off since our return but hadn't set foot in the place. After our dining experience I had wished we had been there previously.
Fratelli opened up on the Esplanade of our beach-side suburb when we were living in the UAE. After a little research we have found out that the current owners and chefs of the place were the original owners of Lunico's, which we frequent a lot (see previous post!) During the day, when closed and shut up shop, this restaurant looks like an old run down marquee. But when they sides of the marquee open and the 'Open' sign is turned on the gate, you see that it isn't run down, but it is rustic. In a comfortable way.
The food ordered was delicious.
And I love a good kiddies menu. Lily (and the rest of us!!) loved the spaghetti and meatballs. Delicious.
I've been dreaming of this ricotta and spinach gnocchi, baked in the oven in a tomato sauce, since I had it!
I don't usually do desserts but when the in-laws do, I do too. Vanilla-bean panacotta thank you.
| Can you see that lady waving? No, I don't know her. But we were sitting on the table behind them. |
Frantelli. Definitely a restaurant to put on your list to visit if you're in my neck of the woods.

2 comments:
Hey, like your new look blog. Very clever.
There are two Fratellis in London... wonder if it is same chain?
Your foodie pics make me feel hungry.
It all lookd wonderful!!! As in "YUMMY"...!
Post a Comment