For over three months now, I have been rising out of bed most mornings, bright and early and going on a 3 kilometres 'power' walk. I have it down to 26 minutes.
Each day, I take a photo of the dawn breaking. I have rarely seen two days the same. The colours are amazing and every time I think to myself that it has been worth getting out of bed at stupid o'clock for.
Pretty sure I am considered a local now, seeing a handful of 'regular' walkers.
I see the lady opening up the corner shop every morning and the guy who cleans and organises the outside furniture at L'unico. I see the lady in the bright pink floral shorts walking her two dogs. I see the old, very thin lady, who jogs around the place, the old man in his walking gear power walking, the lady who runs with her tiny Jack Russell dog, the lady in specks riding her bike with her reflective gear on. An elderly lady who I have only begun seeing in the past few weeks, who walks up and down the beach road pushing her walking frame.
I wonder if they all think, "There's that chick in the stripy top"....
Each and every morning I also see one of my neighbours who lives in the same complex as us. Sometimes we stop and have a brief chat.
I decided in celebration of my 50th morning walk, to get a poster made of my photos. Most are taken in the same spot each morning. I swear those two palm trees are the most photographed trees in all of Cairns, especially if I have anything to do with it.
My poster arrived on last week. I had two printed up. I gave one to my neighbour, who was very (very) appreciative of it.



2 comments:
Stunning pictures!!
I love this post!
This is kind of what it is like when I cycle to work... I see the same people and I often wonder if they think "there's that woman in the raspberry cycling jacket"! :-)
Post a Comment