Saturday, April 27, 2013

Easter Bonnet

At the end of each term at Monet's school, they hold a fundraising event by holding a  Junior School disco.  This past term, the school decided to hold their Easter Bonnet parade at the same side.  

Trying to be prepared, I organised a bagful of goodies for Monet to make a Bonnet a couple of weeks before hand.  One afternoon after school she sat at the table and prepared her Bonnet (under a little guidance.)


As the Disco approached and with the hat at the ready....

Can she look any more worried?
 ... we went.  And as the Grade Threes paraded their hats, Monet was awarded one of the winners.  And she was as pleased as punch.  (I must admit I was a little chuffed too.)



I'm keeping the Bonnet for next year.  It is award winning after all.  

1 comment:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Her Bonnet is GREAT!!! So imaginative....! I was thinking as I looked at her in your pictures----How grown-up Monet is...! And I have watched this all happening on our Blogs!!
I did laugh at her 'worried' face....lol!