An hour and a half after booking, we were in Port Douglas checking into our apartment. Lucky us, we actually got a room upgrade. Instead of a one bedroom apartment, we found ourselves with a two bedroom apartment. I should have invited you along.
We spent our time in the pool in the afternoon. Monet thought that was just wonderful paddling around with her new found independence thanks to the floaties she wears with such confidence. It was nice to take a dip in the pool....
Since the Little One had not had a nap and had spent a good hour or so in the pool, she was very, very tired and hit the sack (ie. portable cot) early. Yippee. Lyndon and I spent a bit of time sipping wine in the outdoor spa we had on our balcony. We both came to the conclusion that spas are so over-rated!!!
This morning we woke up to drizzle. Not to worry. We knew it wuld be raining in Cairns too. This is the tropics afterall.
It's lucky we only live an hour down the road.
How lucky are we that we live in such a gorgeous part of Australia where we can take a quick trip up to Port Douglas for a night, I ask you?!
**Highlight of the trip happened when we were walking back to the apartment last night after dinner. Monet was walking in the middle of us (I was behind her, Lyndon in front). She had slung over her shoulder a little handbag (such a girl, I know!) All of a sudden she stopped dead in her tracks saying "Where's my bag?? Where's my bag??...." and then realising that her bag was actually on her shoulder, said with great relief, "Ohhh, there it is!!" Lyndon and I got good mileage out of that and laughed ourselves stupid for a good 24 hours. Even today Monet was taking the piss out of herself, pretending to look over her shoulder and asking (cheekily)"Where's my bag??" I think we've got a little comedian on our hands here. **
8 comments:
She is way too young to have a "senior moment". Perhaps a "toddler moment"?
Lucky, lucky, lucky is what you are!
That water in the pool looks fantastic. you ARE lucky to live somewhere so lovely.
Your little one is learning quick - a girl should always know where her bag is!
I WOULD have like to have had that extra room.
God, I love Port Douglas, and that shot of Monet in the pool .. OoOh, I wish that were me ! :)
Best barramundi i've ever eaten was in P.D., and i'm hankering to get back there soon !
How good are the eateries ? Yumba !
Star - yes, a 'definite' senior moment.
Delane - yeah, I know.
Bob-kat - the pool was very lovely indeed. MOnet's like me in a sense, always wanting to know where her bag etc., is.
Raehan - I would have loved to have you as our guest. And the girls too of course.
H&B - we're Port fans here too. So lovely and oh so tropical. It's a good place to eat because it suits all kinds of budgets.
I can't believe you are going for dips in a pool! I am jealous.
I would've loved to here her say that line in her little Australian accent!
Sounds fab! Our 'getaway' has comprised a visit to Shepherd's Bush in the pissing down rain to go for an early dinner and then a trip to the cinema. We haven't been to Shepherd's Bush in years -- and tonight we remembered why. Boy, is it rough in 'dem parts or what!?
PS> That neice of mine sounds like a real card. I wonder where she got that dorky humour gene from? ;)
Post a Comment