Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mental Note To Ones Self

...it is a good idea to avoid Bunnings Hardware on Easter Saturday in Cairns.

Cairns has a population of over 125,000 and only has one LARGE hardware store (Bunnings). I think every man and his dog were there this morning. And every woman and child whilst I think of it.

We arrived at 9:45am to a nearly full car park. When we left 20 minutes later you would have been lucky to find a park. Urgh. Don't you hate that.

At least we knew what we were after and weren't wandering the aisles aimlessly. We wanted a paint roller on a long handle, a paint dish and some plastic sheet covers. Maybe you could guess what we will be up to this afternoon....

At least we didn't have to line up to buy the paint there (there were a few in the line waiting for their paints to be made up). We had liked the paint samples from the Bristol Paint store, further down the road....where no one else was (they were all at Bunnings of course!)

Stay tuned to see our results...

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Bunnings Hoppers Crossing used to do a sausage sizzle on the weekends which sometimes served as weekend lunch. It was worth braving the crowds and really bad Bunning service for! Does Bunnings Cairns do that?

Melody said...

Ms Mac - yes, Bunnings Cairns do the Saturday/Sunday sausage sizzle but we didn't have one - as good as they did smell. Our local Harvey Norman also do a weekend sausage sizzle too... Yumo. The sausages always smell better than if you do the same at home on the bbq, don't you agreee?

LBA said...

Oh ! You know I love paint. I swear, I know all the most-requested colours !! ;)

And yeah .. Bunnings and Easter just go together .. it's a myth that people go away, people *clean up the house* !

Oh - and word to the wise, go back and spend a little more and get the *canvas* dropsheets ... those plastic ones will drive you nuts.

I spent today washing windows .. oh, the joy ;)