I have been feeling a little under the weather this morning (and last night), but I am beginning to feel better, thanks to the codeine pills given to me by my pharmacist. *hehe* Monet's been a very girl girl this morning whilst her mother dealt with her slight migraine which has practically disappeared. *phew*
Monet came into my room this morning whilst I lay in bed.
"Mummy just wants to lie in bed a little longer this morning, okay?"
Out she walked into the living area (our bedroom has double sliding doors which lead out into this area). I heard her sit on her Dora beanbag and she was busily chatting away to Pickles, her teddy. (She didn't even turn on the television!!)
As I dozed I heard her in the kitchen. She then came back into my room, holding up one of her bowls, one of her spoons and a box of All-Bran cereal, which Lyndon would have left out on the bench before he went to work at 6am. She wanted some.
"Remember you have tried that before and you don't like it", I reminded her.
Out of the room she disappeared, taking with her the box of cereal, her bowl and her matching spoon.
I got out of bed about 10 minutes later, entered the living area and saw this...
...and laughed. A lot. I had too.
Very apologetically, she said "Sorry Mum". I was too busy giggling and taking photos to care. I even forgot about my headache for a mere second!
We both sat on the lounge and had a yogurt each. Monet is very much 'into' yogurt at the moment. Thanks to the marketing skills at Nestle and Dairy Farmers, Monet has each morning a 'Hi-5' yogurt, or a 'Princess' yogurt or a 'Dora' yogurt or a 'Happy Feet' yogurt.
10 minutes later she did this...
Must be good for the skin. I know it must have felt nice because she kept on doing putting it onto her legs.
It wasn't till a while later when I went to one of the utensil drawers in my kitchen that I saw this...
Life with a two and a half year old can be very amusing. Even with a migraine.
12 comments:
The spilled cereal is understandable, but why yoghurt on the legs? I think I'd nip that habit in the bud.....LOL
Michele sent me.
Feel better from your migrane soon!
You asked about the 'I hunt & I vote' type bumperstickers, yes we have them here too. Annoying it's true!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Ha, all those things were funny.
:))
Funny girl ... but yeah, the yoghurt on the legs will soon be yoghurt on the furnishings etc ..
Mmm - codeine ... mmm, yeah ;)
Sorry to hear that you have a migraine :( I get them too and they are hell.
Glad Monet cheered you up though. Laughter is the best medicine! :)
When I was little, my mum always used to tell me 'saying sorry means you won't do it again'. This never made much sense to me - I never planned to do those things, they just sort of happened - but you could always try it with Monet, if, of course, you can stop giggling !
Eeek! Migraine is never fun and certainly when you've got a littlie to take care of! But Monet seems to be coping in her own way!
So sorry about your headaches hun. I hope they leave you soon. Monet is so funny...I bet she is something to keep up with. You never know what is next do you?
Awww! I hope you feel better soon, Melody. That Monet is too cute. That's a LOT of bran cereal! I'm impressed she got as much into the bowl as she did!
Monet is such a delight, isn't she? And to play all by herself...(All-Be-It with food...lol) that is fabulous! It is always a great idea to keep that camera handy!
Unlike Monet, I really like All-Bran but not that much. And I cut up chunks of banana to accompany it. I did laugh out loud at the yoghurt on the legs, maybe she has heard from the Greek Gods that it is very moisturising ;-)
I hope you're feeling better in the head department today, I've only ever had a migraine once and it was brought on by eating too much sweet food, I know..how rude but true. I ate about 10 cupcakes at once. You didn't do that too did you?
She's a sweetie pie.
Post a Comment