Do you think someone has been in the pool for far too long?
We're trying to make a deal with Monet, that when her feet become all prune-like, it's time to get out of the water. Well, the dealing hasn't worked yet. I usually have to bribe her with the promise of a little special treat or otherwise she'd be in there all day. I mean it. All day. If she could, she would.
We usually play/swim/paddle in the pool for a good half hour at a time, though I reckon yesterday it boarded on an hour. People in the apartment came and went, some just doing a lap or two and then quickly getting out. It's a big pool, not huge by any means, but big enough to share with other apartment dwellers. I don't see the point of jumping in for a one minute lap and getting straight out. But then, that's me.
Ohh, and can I tell you just how stunning the weather has turned? Pretty stunning. No wonder we are utilising the pool! *grin*
How about you? Do, or would you, go in the pool for a quick swim or for a decent wade until your feet and hands become prune-like, like us?
(Blogger not liking paragraphs today! Urgh!!)
7 comments:
I swim for a long time...nothing quick about this little bird.
Miss A calls it "prinkly fingers" instead of "wrinkly" and when you correct her she gets awfully upset. WHATEVER, you know best Missy.
It would depend on how much time I had. If I only had a short time then I would make time for a quick lap or two but if I had the time i would wallow!
You've got a water baby! :)
I'd prefer to get prune-y, but when I lived in southern California sometimes I'd jump in for a couple of minutes after getting home & before dinner, just to clear the mind and cool off.
I stay in til I get cold & pruney!
Cute Feet! I like the sidelines more than the water. ut I like being by the water all day.
Very cute feet!
I can stay in the water for hours! And we do in summer. My boys never have time to dry out!
I had forgotten the prune look. I always hated that as a kid. Mine doesn't do that anymore. Either it is too tough now or I'm not in long enough. I don't spend as much time as I used to in the pool...I dip, swim a bit and then I am back out. Unless I have the kids around to play with I have no desire to be in that long.
But the ocean....I could stand and jump wave for hours!
Post a Comment