Thank you everyone for your kind words during my illness. Don't think they went by unnoticed.
So, I don't know who I should 'thank' the most. Monet or my parents?
So, I don't know who I should 'thank' the most. Monet or my parents?
Monet, during my time feeling rather poorly, you were a wonderful grandchild, entertaining your Grandad and Grandma (who used to be called Nanma, but over the course of the week, Nanma turned into Grandma!). You were fantastic, especially during the days when I couldn't lift my head off my pillow and I slept practically all day. You knew I was suffering from 'headaches' and I hardly heard you. You behaved so well by all (or most) accounts. I thank you.
And mum and dad? Well, I would've been lost last week without you being there. So would have Monet. You know what you did for me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Just being there for Monet's sake means heaps. Don't think it was unappreciated. You know I did. I'm sorry your holiday turned into a weeks babysitting but I know that you both didn't really mind. Thank you for everything. Everything.
I'm just about back to my normal self now. I am well rested and looking better than this time last week (and two kilos lighter!) I didn't know someone could sleep and dream as much as I did! My headache from hell (boy, was it from hell or what?) was fixed overnight by a prescription painkiller. I honestly don't know how people get addicted to those pills? They left me feeling nauseated and dizzy beyond belief. My 'pox' have all but disappeared. Phew.
It's times like those that you forget how important your health is. Be thankful that you are healthy. Being poorly is terrible. I was also pretty thankful it was me and not my daughter.
Stay tuned for more *regular* posts. Thanks everyone.
10 comments:
I missed your blog Melody, glad you are on the road to recovery. Been very worried, but i knew Carol & Harry looked after you well,and Lyndon too.
Glad you are back, and feeling better.
Glad you are better. Chicken Pox hits adults harder than kids. So glad you had help.
So glad you are well on the mend and much better! :) It sounds like you had a rough time and I hope you didn't scratch too much!
Love the new palm trees on your blog. Very tropical!
Good to hear you're better and blogging again. It's a good thing you can only catch chicken pox the once! And you have such a well-behaved daughter, she can visit my classes any time.
Glad you're feeling better, Melody. Thank goodness you had your parents to help care for you & Monet!
So glad to see that you are alive! Hope you continue to feel better. What a lucky break to have your parents there to help.
Glad to hear you're well and truly on the mend, Melody.
Glad to see you back .. you poor thing :(
Gosh, I had no idea! Glad you're over it now.
Post a Comment