...it was actually the start of something different altogether.
Chicken Pox. Yep, you read right. I'm 34 and have Chicken Pox.
I'm not well, with a nagging headache, a sore hairline, a sore throat and itchy blistering welts that cover my body. URGH!!!
Adult bloody chicken pox, was the diagnosis this morning at the doctors.
Great.
Lucky for me, my parents arrived yesterday for their planned 9 day holiday, so they are looking after Monet for me. They're currently at the Playground.
I woke up on Saturday morning feeling like I had a big hangover, yet I hadn't touched any alcohol since Wednesday. Yesterday morning I woke to an assortment of welts on my torso, arms and hands. This morning I woke to them reaching from my scalp to me knees. I look revolting. I feel terrible.
I hope to feel better soon. I want to get back into the 'swing' of things.
21 comments:
Oh sweetie, get better soon.
Adult chicken pox is a serious thing.
Rest. Let your mommy take care of you.
Ugh !! :((
Get better soon !
Oh how awful Melody. I hope you're not too contagious, we don't want to get it tee hee ;-)
Have you heard of Pinetarsal? If the itching gets really bad you can bathe yourself in this solution. It does give good relief.
How about some of that chicken & corn soup you posted on your other blog a while back? That might make you feel better.
thats horrible melody. we hope you are feeling better really soon. take care and i agree let your mother take care of you.
Oh that's terrible, Melody. Keep up the calamine lotion and try not to scratch - easier said than done. Get well soon !
Oh, poor you! I remember having chicken pox when I was about eight, although I think it gets worse the older you are - I just remember the urge to scratch all the time. Hope you feel beetter soon - just keep the calamine lotion handy at all times.
Oh my goodness, Melody! I'm so sorry... I hope you get some relief soon. Poor dear! Glad your Mom is there...
Poor girl! Don't scratch. How good of your parents to be right where you needed them. Take care and do what the Dr. says.
Must be some kind of family gene, as I got chicken pox when I was 32 and it was absolutely horrid. Try not to scratch anything -- I got some horrible scars, one right in the middle of my forehead! Hope you feel better soon -- I found that lying in a cold bath helped.
Oh Melody! I am so sorry you are sick! I do hope you feel better soon. It is soooo boring being ill when you could be off doing better things in the sun! It also sucks feeling hungover and you didn't even have a drink! Not fair.
Oh I got that at 33 - it sucks big time. I was very fortunate to have access to some black market Zovirax tablets which made duration much shorter.
Betadine have a pump spray and it is FAR preferable to dabbing it on.
Teach your child to fetch the calamine and cotton wool for you.
Get in the sun - I weeded the whole back yard of bindi the year of the Chicken Pox!
Oh no!! That was one of those things that I got when I was about 8 or so...but none of my kids have gotten it yet, and only one of them has been vaccinated against it...so I'm waiting...it'll happen eventually *eek*
I hope you get to feeling better PRONTO...You are in our thoughts! REST!!! Don't scratch!! I have a scar on my nose from one icky scab I wouldn't leave alone!!
OMG Melody! How horrible....and that is very dangerous for adults. Glad you are coming back to yourself.
Oh My God! I'm terribly, terribly sorry. Geez, chicken pox? That's pretty rotten luck. I'm glad you've got some help and I hope you feel better soon. Take care,
Melody, you poor, poor thing!
Remember, don't scratch and get well very soon!
Oh wow...poor you! Hope you feel better soon!!
How are your spots Melody?
Hey, since you haven't posted, I'm guessing that you don't feel well at all. I'm very sorry. I wanted to say thanks for the banana sour cream cake recipe. Jackson wanted a banana cake for his birthday, so Amy used the recipe for the one you made with cream cheese icing. Very tasty.
thinking of you Melody, and hoping that you're on the mend...
Just dropped by to say that I hope you are feeling much better!
Just checking in...I hope you are okay!
Post a Comment