Monday, June 04, 2007

Ribbit...

We had a little visitor on our balcony last night... (I'm just hoping I didn't blind the poor thing with my flash!!)


So, he wasn't that little. He was quite large in fact and he was lovely, even though I kept my distance. I didn't want him jumping onto me.


He is a Green Tree Frog, the largest one I have ever seen in nature. I've seen ones this size in the local zoo and we used to get them at work in Victoria when they'd hitch down a ride in Banana boxes from up here in Far North Queensland, (I worked in a supermarket), but they were never this size.

I told Monet this morning who visited us outside when she was sound asleep. She was pretty excited when I showed her the photos, it is a pity he came when she was tucked up in bed. I hope he returns at some stage, but I'm not sure Lyndon is too keen on him returning... *smirk*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie! :)

Unknown said...

He almost doesn't look real. Let us know if he visits again.

Bobkat said...

Oh, what a lovely little frog! He is so sweet! I love the way he's peeking over the step!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I hope he returns soon, too! And I hope if and when he does, Monet will get to see him.."Live & In Person"...! How Wonderful that you got these pictures of him!