Friday, June 15, 2007

*smile*

I need to do a post about my love for Monet.

Soppy, I know, but I honestly did not think it was possible to love her more than I did yesterday. Or the day before that. Or the day before that.

But I do.

Today.

Each day I simply love her more.

I just needed to tell you that.

*Ahh*

Over the past week, we've noticed big changes in her. And not just the length of her legs. (She is going to be one tall girl). Or the size of her feet. (She is now moving into children's size 10 shoes!)

She has become very loving. She now greets Lyndon at the door or in the street (if we go and visit him at work) and gives him the biggest hugs and says "I love you!!"

She's constantly giving me hugs and saying the same to me. "I love you Melody!!" Then she puckers up those lips and gives me a kiss.
Her manners are impressive, along with her intelligence (and I'm not just saying that because she is my daughter). She is so funny at times and she constantly is making me smile. Her tantrums seem to now be a distant memory, but I know they are still bubbling under the surface! (She isn't perfect!!) She is still incredibly shy (believe it or not) and takes a while for her to let people into her inner sanctum. She is defiantly a girl's girl. Trust me on that. She warms to females a hell of a lot faster than males. GOOD! *Heehee*

Life can be very good, when your child is behaving and being a little angel. I hope this phase lasts.

I'll milk it for all it is worth.

*Ahh*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes. I understand.

Thank heaven for little girls. The easy phases come and go. When you are on your next rough patch, remember that a great new phase will follow it.

Anonymous said...

She sure looks to be something special. It only gets better Melody.

carmilevy said...

Not soppy at all. This is what parenthood is all about, and kids who grow up with moms and dads who are this involved in their lives have every chance in the world of becoming hugely successful adults.

She's blessed in ways that will only become fully apparent to her when she's fully grown and is a mom herself. For now, you are setting an unbelievably great example.

This is inspiring beyond words. Thanks!

utenzi said...

That does sound like a great phase for her to be going through, Melody. I hope it lasts through her teen years. Good luck!

Michele sent me way down under to see you!

Anonymous said...

Very nice post about your very lovely, and loving, girl.

Ms Mac said...

Awwww, I've got the warm and fuzzies!

Of course you love your beautiful little girl. Who wouldn't? Especially with her hair up like that- gorgeous!

Bobkat said...

Awwww! What a sweetie! (both of you that is LOL!). She is very lucky to have such a loving mum :)

Anonymous said...

She is obviously a very well raised little girl. Congratulations!

Kiki said...

Can I say how jealous I am? I used to have that but ever since Miss D has come onto the scene we are raising a mini monster (for the moment). I will get back to my regular posting when the monster decides to leave our house ;-)

jeanie said...

That is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! A sweetheart AND a beauty!