With inspiration from Marie, of Practigal.com, I think 'we did it!'.
Did what? I hear you say.
I think we are on our road to potty training in one day. Yep. One day. Well, this is day One and Monet has done extremely well. So keeping in mind on how Marie trained her son, I followed suit. Kinda.
We've talked to Monet for weeks about getting her ready to use the potty, with today's date in mind for the 'Big Day'. (We even skipped playgroup for the occasion!) Big rewards when she is totally potty/toilet trained involve a trip to the Gold Coast's Dreamworld to meet one of her heroes, Dora.
I found on the internet last night 'Dora the Explorer' potty charts, stickers and certificate to print out, which I did. I bought yesterday, some little chocolate sweets and some stickers, all in ready as a reward for each potty experience.
And they worked a treat.
I think Monet will be meeting Dora in 4 weeks time.
As she sat on the potty alongside her 'potty doll', who also used the potty on several occasions, (including a couple of accidents), we read books, watched some telly and sang songs. And drank lots. I took a leaf out of Marie's book and surprised Monet by showing her that her potty doll (named Star) had done 'poos' by using some dried raisins. I found it amusing. And I'd get Monet to go and get something for me whilst I tipped some water in Star's mini potty and some on the floor, to prove that Star wasn't perfect either. Monet loved the fact that Star got a sticker and a chocie treat after Star's first wee, which Monet found awfully exciting and she told me she wanted a go on the potty. How great was that?
Monet practised pulling her 'undies' up and down, up and down and sitting up and down on the potty. She did practically spend half the day on the potty in the lounge but she succeeded by successfully doing a total of 7 wees (equalling 14 little chocolate buds) with 2 little accidents which she knew she was doing at the time. No 'number 2s' as of yet, I'm hoping that happens tomorrow.
So how proud am I?
Awfully proud. And happy.
I think we did it. I'll keep you posted.
Did what? I hear you say.
I think we are on our road to potty training in one day. Yep. One day. Well, this is day One and Monet has done extremely well. So keeping in mind on how Marie trained her son, I followed suit. Kinda.
We've talked to Monet for weeks about getting her ready to use the potty, with today's date in mind for the 'Big Day'. (We even skipped playgroup for the occasion!) Big rewards when she is totally potty/toilet trained involve a trip to the Gold Coast's Dreamworld to meet one of her heroes, Dora.
I found on the internet last night 'Dora the Explorer' potty charts, stickers and certificate to print out, which I did. I bought yesterday, some little chocolate sweets and some stickers, all in ready as a reward for each potty experience.
And they worked a treat.
I think Monet will be meeting Dora in 4 weeks time.
As she sat on the potty alongside her 'potty doll', who also used the potty on several occasions, (including a couple of accidents), we read books, watched some telly and sang songs. And drank lots. I took a leaf out of Marie's book and surprised Monet by showing her that her potty doll (named Star) had done 'poos' by using some dried raisins. I found it amusing. And I'd get Monet to go and get something for me whilst I tipped some water in Star's mini potty and some on the floor, to prove that Star wasn't perfect either. Monet loved the fact that Star got a sticker and a chocie treat after Star's first wee, which Monet found awfully exciting and she told me she wanted a go on the potty. How great was that?
Monet practised pulling her 'undies' up and down, up and down and sitting up and down on the potty. She did practically spend half the day on the potty in the lounge but she succeeded by successfully doing a total of 7 wees (equalling 14 little chocolate buds) with 2 little accidents which she knew she was doing at the time. No 'number 2s' as of yet, I'm hoping that happens tomorrow.
So how proud am I?
Awfully proud. And happy.
I think we did it. I'll keep you posted.
8 comments:
WOOHOO!!!! I hope it sticks with Monet! VERY exciting!!
We've been accident-free, til overnight, when K came into our room at 3a.m. -- Mommy, I pee-peed! That's what I get for leaving him in undies overnight! (he's been staying dry overnight, so I figured I'd give it a go)
Hooray for you & Monet, Melody!!!
That's great!!
Claire (number 4) was interested in the potty when she was about two and a half. Since the others had been well over three, we took advantage and bribed her to keep her interest up. We bought a huge bag of Skittles (fruit candies...don't know if you have them there) and would dole out a few for every successful pee. The kid must have peed thirty times the first day...she didn't want to leave the potty...it was so funny! After a couple of days of bribery, we told her that now that we knew she was a big girl and could do it, we expected it of her...and she did great. We did the same with Ellie (number 5) and with the same results. Ours didn't even have many accidents. Ellie will still have them at my mother-in-law's house...I think because MIL doesn't do anything about it...she doesn't have them here :)
Congrats!! Being diaper-free is exciting!! :D :D :D
Good Girl Monet !!
We used chocs too, and a bag full of 'Lucky Dips' ( plastic animals, stickers etc from the $2 Shop ).
He was trained in no time, with no dramas :)
We were lucky in not really having to "potty train" (due to being super vigilantes about it all through babyhood) but from the experience of others - don't sweat it too much if it all doesn't happen at once. The number 2 situation can be a bit of a strain (pardon the pun).
All this seems like such a loooong time ago for me. Thank goodness for teenagers - they can clean up their own messes!
Well done Monet
This post amused me... particularly Dora doing raisin poos! ;)
It is hard to be the thrill of finally having the kids potty trained! Good luck!!
Well done you guys. Isn't it such a great feeling, although I suppose it's one step towards independence and losing our babes to the big wide world. Can you tell I'm a little bit tender about losing my babies too quickly at the moment?
By the way, I've got a voucher that gives you $22.00 off adults tickets @ Dreamworld if you want it, so that makes each ticket $42.00. Valid until 23/9/07 - maximum 4 adults. Give me a hoy if you want it and I'll post asap.
Luckily Monet is free until she's 4, which reminds me I must take Miss A before next March. Who said I'm scabby? ;-)
Post a Comment