Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Completed. (?)

Can you remember this post, where Monet was helping Lyndon with doing 'works' to the balcony?

Well, the outdoor area is just about completed. I'm not sure if we are thinking of doing anything else 'major' out there, bar the fact we are waiting for Lyndon's dad to come up and install some down lights above the BBQ and put in a power point for the little bar fridge out there. Lyndon is talking about putting in a gas wok burner to the left of the BBQ. Lucky for us, Lyndon's dad is an electrician. *grin* (& so is Lyndon's only brother and his brother-in-law!) We still think that we will *ah-hem*, well, Lyndon will paint the metal area under the BBQ black, to tie in with the edge of the fridge door and our windows/glass sliding doors.

So here I present our outdoor area...


Notice the painted walls? It's the same colour we have painted for our feature walls.

It looks pretty good if you ask me. It is so lovely to sit out there, either eating breakfast with a cuppa tea or sipping an afternoon ale or eating a BBQ dinner. It feels good out there. It's seriously like another room and so much better than the balcony it once was when we moved in about 6 months ago.

Can I tempt you with something to drink?

11 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I feel the same way about our balcony but sadly, the weather this summer has bot been conducive to dining al fresco. I hope you have loads of happy times out on your balcony!

I'll have a VB please.

Kiki said...

It looks bloody wonderful and if I was closer I'd share a drink with you, if I may?

You've all done such a good job...especially Miss Monet ;-)

Kiki said...

PS: I can't believe it's been six months...what time tunnel have I been living in?!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous place to waste time, I mean, contemplate life.

Star said...

Nice job! HAts off to Lyndon, and Monet. And you too Melody as I am sure you supervised.

jeanie said...

Hmm - just a little lime and soda for me - oh, okay, you can put a splash of vodka in it...

So, what is Lydon and Monet going to cook for us?

lol I love that you have married into a family of sparkies! They are very handy to have as in-laws.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Mine's going to have to be a smoothie. Sadly I'm off the booze right now, as it'll only break my non-smoking will-power.

On second thoughts, I'll have an ice-cold dry white wine, please. One with a slightly fruity taste, eg of strawberries, would be most refreshing.

Anonymous said...

GEE, ARE YOU PAYING FOR TRAVEL TO DO THE JOB.
IT WILL BE THE DEAREST JOB EVER.
WE CANNOT WAIT , VERY EXCITED.

Melody said...

Anonymous is obviously marianne (the M-I-L)! We'll provide bed and breakfast for a night... *smirk* and maybe a bottle of something special?!

Marie said...

Sweet! I'd love to sit there with you & sip tea or wine!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I really like that a lot. Great job.