It is simply another *gorgeous* day in paradise. I went and pumped some petrol in the Subaru and Monet and I headed off north to Port Douglas, a 45 minute drive. Along the very picturesque Captain Cook Highway.
No matter how many times I travel along the road from our home to 'Port', it nearly always takes my breath away. And today was no exception. The road wraps along the coast for most of the way, past palm fringed shores and the most awesome blue Coral Sea. And I live here! It blows me away. And Monet sat quietly in the backseat listening to 'Blur' I had pumping through the stereo and pointing to the water and saying "It's beautiful Mummy". She knows true beauty when she sees it.
Upon first arriving at our destination, I drove to the 'Lookout' and took a few shots of the 4 Mile Beach below...
After parking the car in the main restaurant strip, we went for a wander along the streets. It's nice to be there on a weekday, rather a weekend when the crowds are impossible to walk through and it makes it hard to browse the shops...
We wandered around and made our way to one of my favourite places in Far North Queensland, the 'Point'.
There is something magical about it. SO very pretty and a great place to take photos, especially like a day today when the ocean was so very blue...
Monet likes 'The Point' too, but for a totally different reason.
After a 'play' we went and sat under one of the palm trees and ate our morning teas, which consisted of fresh watermelon, dry biscuits and cheese spread. Rather lovely in fact. It was nice to sit there without dozens of people invading our personal space. Instead there were a few couples scattered around...
Monet played in the playground again before we headed back to the car and made our way home.
And to think it is only a 45 minute drive north from our home.
11 comments:
Incredibly lucky. When can I come and visit?!
You are SO SO lucky! That really does look like paradise. Bliss!
I needed that pointed out to me today. Thanks. It truly is beautiful and we are soooo lucky.
Gorgeous! I take my surroundings for granted I think and it takes you (or someone like you) to point out the beauty of Queensland. Simple.
Monet is growing up so much, I swear this photo session from the last she has grown about six months.
You are so lucky Melody! I am guessing the stress just melts away when you take in these views. I wish Australia weren't so far away!!
Gah, even when it hasn't been pissing down for several days straight (not that I mind, we need the rain), the DC area isn't quite that attractive.
And 45 minutes isn't too long a drive to get to somewhere that looks like that. I think my missus would be less grumpy about the days the kids were off school if she could haul them off to somewhere like that.
Can I be jealous. Because I'm thoroughly jealous. It's beautimous!
Michele sent me.
Hello, Michele sent me to say that you live in a totally beautiful spot. And, yes, you are so very lucky!!!! But, from reading your post - I can tell that you truly appreciate where you live!!!
Have a great week-end....
I'm completely envious. That's how lucky you are. I visited Oz for the first time this year (Sydney area mostly) and wanted to relocate immediately. Michele sent me to see your little corner of paradise today.
You're incredibly lucky. As are we, because you so kindly took the time to record and share the experience. What a magical day for the both of you. You're laying some amazing foundations for her.
I'd never drive 45mins to anywhere ! Unless it's a weekend away, but definately not a day-trip ! :)
I'm so lazy though, if I can't walk it, I often just 'don't'.
I even sold my car the other week - it's been basically unused for 3yrs... the money is going to my front garden renovation.
I *love* Port Douglas though..
Post a Comment