She likes things to be 'orderly'. Everything should have it's place in Monet's books.
Especially when she plays. She lines up everything. Her 'Little People', her books, her 'wheeled items'...
And her dolls.
And don't talk to me about her shoes...
Looks like a shoe shop doesn't it? Can you spot her mini-Birkenstocks. Thank goodness they were only $12 from Target! *heehee* It's actually a wonder those shoes aren't lined up in proper foot order. She must be one of the only little kids I know who put her shoes on correctly every time with out me saying "You're putting the left shoe on the wrong foot!"
Monet can spend hours lining her toys up along the wall. Arranging. Re-arranging. It fills in quite a bit of time here. I must've driven her rather 'batty' with her shoes, clothes, toys, books before she gained independence.
I can only imagine what her wardrobe will look like once she can reach the hanging rail!
*oh dear!*
11 comments:
Ha ha ha ha this is funny! My little mate lines things up too, although it has subsided but when I think of the age difference perhaps it was when she had only just turned three?
Miss A now climbs onto a storage tub under her hanging rail to get to the dresses/tops/skirts/jumpers/coats blah, blah, blah and even tries to get right up high where I've placed the tiaras/crowns/tutus that she will otherwise ruin unless I supervise. My kid is a real wrecker, I hope it's just a phase 'cause I'm more like Monet and you...really particular.
Well, nobody likes messy shoes, or prams....
Your daughter is amazing! She'll go far in life with those organizational skills. How amazing for you, you'll never have to say "clean up your room". I miss Oz... you're lucky to be in such a fabulous part of the world.
Came over from Michele's
It is amazing that Monet is sooo very neat. Did she learn that from you? Or is it just a genetic thing? (lol)
Cute as a button!
I hope for you that this orserly phase lasts right through her teenage years! BTW, do you have that many pairs of shoes?
My eldest used to line all her stuffed toys up on her bed at bedtime, which was great except that if one was missing I had to hunt for it.
Michele sent me to say happy Sunday
Where do get a model with the neat gene pre-installed? All of my kids are slobs.
Michele sent me.
Gorgeous!
Monet would do very well in my house, especially as my OCD is raring into top gear at the moment :)
Only one of ours displayed any sort of tidiness tendencies when she was little. Twenty years on I'm wondering where it went to because now it's completely disappeared. Make the most of it - it probably won't last !
Welcome to the club Monet. There is nothing wrong with being a bit of a neat freak, except that it tends to drive everyone else a little crazy at times.
People with good organisational skills are always in demand. You go girl!
Leisa.
Look at all those tiny crocs! A girl after my own heart....a shoe girl! We should shop together...and take Isabelle.
I can't believe how much Monet has grown. What a beauty she is.
Post a Comment