Friday, November 23, 2007

Fill In...

Monet adores her dad. It's scary how much she behaves like him.



(Sorry about the poor picture quality there, I'm not a fan of the flash on my mobile phone.) Notice the hand under head watching telly pose? Hmm.

Did I tell you that I got my hair cut last weekend?



Yeah, that's Monet and I, striking a pose, not a couple of 'fill in' models.

I like it. The girl who cuts my hair does a great job and always cuts it the way I ask. Love that.

Last Saturday also saw Monet and I invited to a 4 year old's birthday. In typical Cairns weather, it rained practically the whole time, so thank goodness for big undercover patios.

Monet had an absolute ball. She wasn't too keen on playing 'pass-the-parcel', but loved the 'Stick-The-Pirate-On-The-Treasure-Chest' (rather like 'Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Donkey'), mainly for the fact that my blindfolded girl won!! She won a Dora Scrapbook which made her day.

Being typical Tropical Queensland, what else do kids do at parties, but go swimming in the pool, even if it was raining! (This would never happen in Melbourne!) Monet had a fabulous time in the pool, she did so well splashing around with her floaties on. All the kids were under strict supervision by the mothers who were leaning around the pool fence and the dads who came, were in the water with them. I don't know who had the best fun in fact. Sometimes I think grown men enjoy being in the pool with the kids rather than the opposite way around.

Can you spot Monet in this chaos?

The parting party pack included a couple of el-cheapo Little Ponies, which Monet has been playing with all week! ALL WEEK. Thank God for $2 Coles Clip-strips.

We've got Lyndon's Work Christmas party tomorrow night. No one is happy about it. You might remember that last year we were fortunate to spend two nights here, but tomorrow night we get to do this again. No one is happy. I am though, it is a night out!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a pretty daughter. The picture of Monet with her dad and with you are very good.

Those moments are to be cherished forever.

Michele sent me here to have a dekko. Glad she did!

Unknown said...

Keep a good hold of that hairdresser, she's a rare thing - one that actually cuts your hair the way you tell them to!

Tracey Petersen said...

My grandad always said - can't swim in the rain, you might get wet!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am having a veery hard time seeing these pictures...I may see if I can "lighten" them...I'll let you know!(LOL)

Sounds like that party of four years olds PARTY, was a lot of fun!

I had a lovely Thanksgiving Day. Good Food, Good Company...Nice and relaxed! Can't ask for more than that!

Star said...

Is it time for Christmas parties already!! Sigh. Enjoy. It still sounds like a nice evening to me.

Bobkat said...

That is so sweet. Like father, like daughter, LOL! I used to copy my dad alot too when I was her age.

The pic of you and Monet is great and your hair looks fab :)

Your mention of Christmas has bought on a very small panic attack. How is it that time of year again so soon?!

jeanie said...

Oh yes, the freight train that is Christmas is coming. Darn - thought I had managed to hold that sucker at bay!

Hair looks great, and Monet, as always, looks very happy.

Kiki said...

Your hair looks great (you might need to do a new FB pic now!!)

I'm like you, tonight's party is an outing - funny how people can take things for granted but when you don't do them all the time being a SAHM it really puts everything into perspective.

Dunk Is was a lot to live up to though wasn't it?!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Love the haircut! Our offspring also adore their daddy and copy his every move - too cute and very funny to watch, especially when they are all 'talking' on their mobiles phones. Then there is lots of pacing and lots of 'uh-huh' and 'yep, yep' into the phone.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! It is a very nice cut and it looks good on you. What great models you are! And yes she is very similiar to dear old dad isn't she?

The Turmanators said...

Of COURSE I can see your little beauty in the pool! All others pale in comparison. Like Deana, I love your hair too. Wish mine would do that but it would just look like a big brown rat's nest...too fluffy.

I'm actually back and glad to catch up a little bit. Stop by; I finally have a new post.

Girl About Town said...

Thank you for your lovely comments on my anniversary post! I do love Melbourne, but sometimes think my heart is still in Sydney (I'm actually a Sydney girl born & bred, have lived here in Melb for the last 10 years or so).

Oh, your little girl is so cute!! I love the pic of her with her Dad. Don't they do some gorgeous things at that age?! I think she must be around Holly's age (Holly is just about to turn 4 - OMG FOUR I can hardly believe it!!!).

I love your hair btw!