Monet 'insisted' that her doll-of-the-moment, Strawberry Shortcake came along for the ride, (she had to have a seat-belt on "so she can be safe"). We're hoping Monet's other dolls aren't too jealous.
We arrived at the little village of Cape Tribulation just before noon, where we enjoyed a cool fizzy drink from the Backpacker's Resort and shared a bowl of hot chips.
Monet enjoyed her cool glass of water which helped wash down her hot chips....
...and having a dance with Strawberry...
...before we headed back into the car and down to Thorton's Beach (still belonging to the Daintree National Park).
It is actually pretty much a perfect beach. It's long, its wide, the water was rather 'hot' (not that you'd go swimming in there at this time of year, perfect for Saltwater crocs and box-jellyfish, but we did 'paddle') and even though there were a few people wandering the shoreline it felt like you had the whole beach to yourself. I love that.
Do you have a favourite destination near to where you live?
9 comments:
I'm ashamed to say that I have never been that far north. I love the photo taken across the crab sand.
that is so beautiful, you are in a good place. when California is completely over run - and ruined, can I come there?
from michele's tonight, but I hope I get back soon
I think someone is loving their self timer function. Great shot, Monet is growing up so much.
I think you got one of the salties to take the last photo! Am I right?
(Gosh, you're braver than I would be...)
If I were able to go some [;ace, I think it would be the beach....These are very sweet pictures, Melody, and like you, I LOVE when the Beach is empty....and just mine!
Like you, too many - The Peninsula, Warnambool, Ballarat, Geelong, the Yarra Valley .. etc, etc...
:)
One more thing....just for Monet I heard them announcing a movie on Fox, Playhouse Disney this Saturday 10th (5pm) it's Strawberry Shortcake: The Sweet Dreams movie.
That's all, bye now!
Kikimiss - yes, I saw that. It's pencilled in to be watched. Thanks my dear. (But I think it's on at 4 pm due to daylight savings, yeah?)
Great pics....man you live in a paradise!
Post a Comment