We are making the most of today's non-rainy-day (so far), by Monet going on her bike to the local shop. She rode around like she owned the place and had been riding for years. Besides not knowing exactly how the hand brake works yet and not quite being able to ride up slight little hills, she's doing really well and we get lots of smiles and waves from people.
Yesterday when it was slightly drizzling, I took Monet over to the park to do some puddle splashing...
To be a little kid again right?
The playground was flooded but Monet didn't mind splashing around in the puddles and playing.
When we returned home we had awful trouble trying to pry her gumboots off. Her foot was suction cuffed into the gumboot and we laughed and giggled for about 5 minutes twisting her boots off. When both feet were finally free I tipped the boots upside down to discover that both boots had about half a cup of water each in them! I think I might invest in a pair of these Croc Georgie wellies for her at some stage...

...as the little Target brand Size 10's seem to be getting a little tight. Literally.
We did lots of beading yesterday too. Monet loves threading the beads onto the elastic/nylon strings and making stuff. I was lucky enough to score a necklace yesterday made with her loving hands. We'll be making more later today I predict. Thank goodness for $2 shops, though up here those $2 shops are more like $2 Warehouses, they're huge!!
I predict that we'll be doing a bit of baking in the next few weeks (months??) too, along with colouring in, glueing, cutting (or 'snipping' as Monet calls it - Thanks Grandma!), stickers, eating, play doughing, painting, drawing, indoor picnics, blackboard games, card games, library visits, television watching, you name it!!!!.... Now, would someone like to come and do my housework?
9 comments:
Don't sweat the housework.Play with Monet all that you can. The housework will bethere when you get to it. Trust me, no one else will do it.
It all sounds like a whole heap of fun to me! Stuff the housework, unless of course you've got visitors predicted?
Overcast here, but I still feel like a sloth and not wanting to venture out. The girls are going stir-crazy as a result. I'd better get out the Playdoh now since I've been promising to do so since late yesterday.
Love the Croc wellies too, do they have any holes in them to let the water out? I'll have to get Miss A a new pair of gumboots before we move to the hills as she has outgrown the current pair as well.
Can I come over and play, too? (lol) Lots of good stuff to do there...And that is a darling little video...!
Two days of Non-Stop Rain....Everything must be spanking clean and shiny new!
I don't get around to doing my own housework, let alone come and do yours! :P
Oh, jumping in puddles is so much fun and it sure looks like Monet was loving it!
It's hot, humid and pretty darn horrible here but no rain in sight. We really wish it would rain and at least clear some humidity for a couple of days.
I don't particularly want to do the housework but I'd love to join in all the good stuff!
I'd love to have pink galoshes! You have a great little buddy there don't you?
Kids have all the fun :) I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a puddle that much! LOL!
Monet sounds like she is getting quite talented in the craft department. Cute pics and video.
*I* haven't even got the hang of handbreaks yet !! I'm a backpedal girl all the way :p
Post a Comment