Friday, January 11, 2008

Your Turn!

Did you realise that I live with a Hairdresser? Well, I didn't either until yesterday.

Monet had her teddies lined up against the lounge wall and I heard her drag her little step chair from out of the bathroom to near her bedroom door. I saw her grab a 'blankie' and her 'blunt-as-they-come' paper scissors.

"Okay Molly, time for a hair cut" I heard. Oh dear, I thought.





But after watching (and photographing) I knew there was nothing to worry about. Those scissors couldn't even really cut paper even if I tried!

But then I got all worried when Monet said to me, "Your turn!"

"Me?"

"Yeah, c'mon. Take a seat".

So I squatted down on the chair. And like a true professional she put the 'blankie' around my neck and started...




(Notice all those beads around her wrists and neck? Can you see what else we've been up to?)


I shouldn't have worried. She played a very good hairdresser. I even got a hug after my haircut!

The last few days we've had an Ice-Cream shop in our house, along with a Grocery store and now a Hairdressers. As long as she doesn't want to play 'Butcher Shops' we should be right!!! *heehee*

12 comments:

Kiki said...

You're looking quite concerned there, I would be too. I get scared out of my wits when I visit the hairdresser every couple of months. I never know what they're going to do!!

Butcher shop....ewwww, can you imagine!

Anonymous said...

Michele sent me to say hello. And I am very glad she did because you have some great pictures here. I played hairdresser with my grandmother and great-aunt, but only with a comb and sometimes a brush!

I scrolled down for a tour of your front page and loved a lot of the pictures. The fact that you have summer now, may be a little of the charm (as we're due for snow on Monday), but your part of Australia (or at least your part of Queensland) seems quite lovely.

buffi said...

Your little angel is just absolutely LOVELY. I love that age. Their imaginations are so wonderful and fascinating to behold. Monet is blessed to have a Mommy who appreciates and indulges her games. She sounds like a very smart little girl!!

Andi said...

Your daughter is creative. I am glad that she comes up with so much to do. Michelle sent me. :-)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have minded a hug from my hairdresser when I was 14. He was yummy!

Keep those scissors well-blunted and all others out of reach I'd say.

Star said...

The Cp wanted to cut my hair with his blunt scissors the other day, but I was not as brave as you.

Anonymous said...

You are braver than me!! I would never let my kids near my hair with scissors, no matter how blunt!

Marie said...

So cute! You are brave, Melody!

We play hairdresser too (K goes with me for my appointments sometimes). He mimics my hairdresser's every move! Cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're raising an Entrepreneur :)

Anonymous said...

Wait until she finds the sharp scissors! Then there will be trouble!

Deana said...

You know while you're napping on the couch one day you'll get the real thing! You look concerned for them only to be play scissors...such a cute post and photos!

Moon said...

OMG Melody..u know whats funny...me (Monette as u know lol) worked as a hairdresser for many yrs lol...I change careers yrs ago but still do family and friends lol...so this post really made me laugh lol