Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Nine...

My parents flew out from Cairns last Thursday evening after a weeks holiday.

On Thursday we decided to revisit the Flecker Botanical Gardens which we had all visited very early on in the year. Both of my parents had enjoyed the Gardens then and enjoyed it again on Thursday, exactly four months after their first visit.

It is a lovely place to visit and I keep forgetting that it is there. I should go more often.


Monet loves the paths and bridges and reading the little signs explaining the plants origins. She also enjoys running about...

...especially when her Grandad is chasing her...


...and Grandma's arms are there to protect her.

We enjoyed lunch at the Garden's restaurant. We shared a cheese platter which went down a treat and an assortment of flavoured breads.

There are some amazing coloured plants in the gardens, many I had not seen on our previous visit.
I just love the blackness of those leaves above. Amazing!




I'm not sure when we'll get to visit the gardens again, but make sure when you're in Cairns you do! *Melody points her finger at you*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow those plants and flowers are lovely.. very nice photo's melody.

Anonymous said...

The leaf photo looks like a quilt!

Deana said...

Oh I loved how grandpa was chasing Monet. This garden always means great pictures. I liked those black leaves too. Hey if I ever get over there take me to those gardens okay?

Anonymous said...

We LOVE the gardens and go there regularly because we live very close by. You are so right though, we live in such a magnificent part of the world yet we often forget to visit. Paul and I have a weekly date and we try to visit somewhere new each time - it is our way of visiting and enjoying all that Cairns has to offer.

Your photography is amazing Melody.

Melody said...

Peppermintpatcher - every time I look at that black and green leaf photo now, all I see is a quilt before my eyes. Just beautiful don't you think?