Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Eight...

When I speak to people with accents I realise just how 'Aussie' I sound. I tend to say 'Beawdie' a lot and 'terrific', I can't help it. When I say those words I can't help but think "Gees I sound Australian!"

I spoke to a lovely Frenchman, Thomas, from this website today (French Connection) and on Monday. Thomas with his thick French accent... Melody and her Aussie twang.
I booked a couple of tickets via the company, for Monet and I to visit Claude Monet's Garden in Giverny, 80 minutes out of Paris. A half day bus tour to the town and to Monet's house and Garden. I am pretty excited! It has been a long time coming, let me tell you, and I don't think I will believe it until I actually see it. Yippee.



Photo taken from French Connection's Website...

I love the fact that Monet, being 3, is free on most activities, including this Bus Trip. Lucky we're travelling with a 3 year old and not a 4 year old! *heehee*

I wonder what Lyndon will do with the five hours 'Melody-and-Monet-Free-Time'? I get a half day 'free-time' somewhere else. Fairs fair.
Can you tell I am getting excited?
The Big Countdown is on. Not long now. Eight days in fact...

7 comments:

LBA said...

Wow - 8 days !!

I always get cultural cringe when I arrive back into Aus. after a stay away... i'm not overly a fan of 'ocker' and it sounds so *broad*...

Delusionly .. I don't think I sound Australian at all .. :p

Ms Mac said...

Yikes! 8 days! I'm all excited for you!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very exciting, Melody....WOW---Only 8 days!!! It seemed to come around very quickly from this vantage point!
I think your trip to Monet's Garden sounds just fantastic! I hope you will be taking lots and lots of pictures of your whole trip--but especially of Monet'd Garden....!

Anonymous said...

8 days! hope you've started packing!

Kiki said...

Ohhhhhhhh can I come too?

I was envious ---- now I'm just outright jealous.

Anonymous said...

strike me down. Can't beleive 8 days to go struth!... gee its flown.. crikey i sound aussie. ha ha.

Bobkat said...

I know how much you love Monet (both of them, LOL!) so this trip is going to be wonderful for you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sunny day for your visit. I must admit that it is somewhere I would love to see myself some day!