Monday, June 16, 2008

A Sticker Book & A Meme...

When we were in London, I came across a terrific Sticker Book for Monet.  I gave it to her on our flight home and honestly, it filled in most of the time (inbetween meals and sleeping). 


This book is still getting a good workout, even though all stickers have been stuck and re-stuck and the story been read a hundred times, I need another.  I'm unable to find another (or similar) here in Cairns, typically.  *hint hint Auntie Kim*  Monet loves the fact it is about Dolls (she loves dolls this girl of mine) and involves stickers.  It was bound to be a hit in this family!!

Anyway, I have been tagged by a new blog friend of mine, Katherine of Kitten's Lost Her Mittens.  We were kindly introduced by Alice of Magpie Files.  (Oh the blog world is great isn't it?)

Here are the rules of this 'meme'...

I have to answer 6 questions about myself. At the end of the post, I then tag 6 people and post their names, then go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read my blog. Then, I must let the person who tagged me know when I’ve posted my answers. 

Interesting hey?  So here goes...

Places I have Lived  (all in Australia here, nothing exotic!);
Malvern, Victoria
East St. Kilda, Victoria
Rye, Victoria
South Melbourne, Victoria
Cairns, Queensland

There have been more but I choose not to share...

What I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
Hmmm...1998.  I was living in a Victoria Country town, had shacked up with Lyndon and working in a local Supermarket (so glamerious, I know!) but wanted more.  We both left town and headed to Melbourne and never looked back.  Never.  It was the best move we had ever made.  We lived in a gorgeous little newly refurbished 1-bedroom flat in a leafy East St Kilda Street.  It was close to everything we wanted and I have fond meomoires of this move, the flat, the area, the fun times, back in 1998...

Five things on my to do list today (not that I write a list everyday!)
1.  Take Monet for a play in the Playground tomorrow morning. (Done)
2.  Give Monet's old Highchair a good old scrub down and see if I can take it to a 2nd hand baby shop to get some extra $...
3.  Make a list of the weeks meals, followed by a Grocery list.
4.  Go grocery shopping.  Woolworths or Coles?  Coles more than likely.
5.  Clean out my Kitchen cupboards.  Even though I only cleaned them out not that long ago, I think it is about I threw some stuff out I haven't used in the past year.  Anything to justify this purchase in the future!

Snacks I enjoy
Too many to mention!  I do love the odd pack of Twisties, the odd Chokito Chocolate bar, but really I do love to snack on a platter of cheese, biscuits and dips.  Any excuse.

What I would Do if I was a Billionaire
Travel.  Well, I could list all the things I could do to help create world peace, help the environment and try to eliminate famine in third world countries but at least I'm honest here.  Of course I'd donate $ to charity and the like but this is my meme.  I'd like to have homes in different parts of the world and travel to place to place...

Six People I Would Like To Know More About
I have to choose six fellow bloggers here and I know a few of you have done this already, so if I have chosen you and you've already done it (or don't want to), that's fine!

Alison from Three Times Kewl
Fairlie from Around The Traps
Kimbofo from Kimbofo

15 comments:

Kiki said...

Damn, now I'll have to dream up something exotic too for my 'things to do' list today.

Kiki said...

Whoops, I just made a boo-boo. I did the meme but bent the rules ever so slightly :-)

Alison said...

Ooh I'll play :)
I've lived in St. Kilda, too!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Thanks for the tag! Will try to get onto it tomorrow.

Mmmm-mmm... a platter of cheese, biscuits and dips...Yum.

Anonymous said...

I'd like that sticker book too. What a fabulous way to keep someone entertained on a long flight.

Em said...

When Daughter14 was little she would use those sticker books for hours! What a great thing to fill up time during travel.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That sticker book is WONDERFUL! I hope you are able to get one...Have you tried The Internet? Amazon, maybe?

Interestung MEME....I Loved your 'to do' list for today....This is what life is all about, isn't it? LOL! And I LOVE what you what do if you were a Billionaire!

Anonymous said...

I got that sticker book for isabella a month or two ago for the flight from London to Oz, and she too loved it.

alice c said...

My not-so-little-now MissM LOVED sticker books and also those ones where you cut out all the clothes.

Julie said...

Hmm thought that I had already commented on this post...but not showing so will try again! Thanks for the tag (my first ever, how exciting), will get on to it as soon as I can activate my memory!!!

Talia loves sticker books and is also a great fan of the books with dolls that you dress with paper. I have a spare one here (paper fairy dolls) at home and we would love to send it to your little miss. You don't have to cut the outfits, they just pop out of the page....not like in my day!

Not sure how we would get your address or even if you want to give it out, but just an idea, no probs if you don't want it!! X

Bobkat said...

No matter how much you read someone's blog a meme will often reveal more about them :)

I remember Monets love of Stickers. Did she use all the butterfly ones I gave her? :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Okay, I've done mine now!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the book? At the airport?

Melody said...

Kimbofo - Hamley's actually - but I did see similar ones at Waterstones too... *sigh* How we wish we were in that Waterstones again!

Deana said...

Well that meme isn't so bad, I can handle that. I loved catching up over here. You always have gems and treasures awaiting. The restaurant on top looked and sounds divine. I wish I could be like your husband and never touch sweets!