I am getting there friends.
The road is tough but I am getting there.
You have no idea how much your words and knowing I am in your thoughts mean to me. It is a comforting thought, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You really have helped me along.
Life continues and our life ahead will be both a challenge and an exciting adventure.
Lyndon's job offer arrived last Monday, one of the blackest days in my life. Lyndon said he didn't know whether to laugh or cry when it arrived in our 'inbox'. It took him a good half an hour to open it. I personally think it probably couldn't have arrived at a more appropriate time as it got me through the ordeal I had to endure on the Tuesday.
So, we are off to Abu Dhabi in a couple of months time. We have lots to do around the place (sort, chuck, keep, pack, clean, find tenants etc.,) which will be just the thing I need to keep my mind off things. Yes, I won't work too hard, I will still be taking it easy! I'll start next week when Lyndon's mother leaves. (I had my mum up here for 4 days last week and now Lyndon's mum here for a week. It has been wonderful.)
Last Thursday night I kept my mind off things by producing this...
...a 'Barbie' cake for Monet's 4th birthday. A special request from a special little girl.
It is amazing the things you can achieve when you want your mind set somewhere else.
15 comments:
amazing cake melody!! i bet Monet loved it. That is good news for your family, off on a new adventure. that will be very exciting times for you all. congratulations to Lyndon on what he has achieved with his work. i think how far he has come from his days as an apprentice butcher!! amazing really, he has stuck it out and all credit to him and you on working so hard. really great to hear you are doing well. i'm sure it will be a long haul and will always be with you, but like you said life must go on. your beautiful daughter is testament to that. I've started to go by the saying "god only gives you what you can handle" and i am becoming a strong believer in this along with "everything happens for a reason" even the horrible, unexplainable things. my hat goes off to you Melody, and i know you have amazing strength to get through very tough times. you are an amazing mother, wife, daughter, sister, auntie and friend and i know you will come through this a stronger person. Good luck to you in abu dubai and i look forward to catching up with you when you come down. take care, stay safe. love kate.
(ps. i have decided that it is time i started leaving messages on your blog, i have been reading them everyday for years without leaving messages and i asked myself why and the answer is laziness!!! i look forward to your blog everyday and i am now going to make comments a lot more often. keep in touch, kate
Oh Melody, that is beautiful. I remember those sorts of cake as a little one too. Monet must have been so excited when she saw it. You should post a happy pic of her soon, let's see what turning 4 has changed about her.
This is wonderful news about the confirmation of your posting overseas. Fantastic. You have a lot of work ahead of you to arrange things BUT you can handle it. You've done it before and each time I'm sure it gets easier.
Every girl loves a dolly cake! I'm sure that Monet was thrilled with this one.
Busy times ahead for you. It is good to have something to look forward to, but remember to breathe along the way!
What a gorgeous cake for a gorgeous girl!
Congratulations on receiving your Abu Dhabi offer, the packing and sorting for relocation will certainly help with keeping you occupied.
Is Monet going to start school when you get there? They start around 3 years old over there in the British system.
I hope your road smoothes a little soon. Take Care
More hugs Melody.... The cake is amazing, of course!! And good luck with your move preparation. Life is never dull! I'm glad your Moms are there....
Wow-that is an amazing cake! Has Monet seen it or are you keeping it under wraps ? Still sending hugs your way.
Great cake!!! I attempted something similar once for my daughter - nothing as speccy as that!
Lots of hugs to you and good luck on the move to the other side of the world.
So many changes and stress at such a painful time, but I think you are right. Having somewhere to focus your energy is perhaps the best medicine. That and your sweet Monet. Take it from a therapist and mother! I am so glad that you are hanging in there. Know that we are all in your corner.
And kudos on your culinary and artistic talent; I made sure the Short People didn't see that photo or they would want one for their birthday too (do you think it would survive the mail from Abu Dhabi to the USA?).
Fantastic cake, bet Monet was thrilled with it. I am glad to hear that you have had your mum and MIL with you, sometimes no matter how old you are you still just need your mum!! Sounds like you are going to have a very busy couple of months.....X
WOW! That is BEAUIFUL, Melody. Just absolutely GORGEOUS! I have no idea how you did that, but I say BRAVO to you! BRAVo, BRAVO, BRAVO!
And I know these are hard times dear Melody. I'm glad you had your Mom there, and mow your MIL! Close family---Mommies, particularly---really help.
And Congratulations on Lyndon's job offer coming through at the PERFECT Time!
You are in my thoughts, my dear, and I send you (((((HUGS)))))!
That is a seriously good cake!
I too believe that we are only sent what we can handle, even if it seems terrible and overwhelming at the time.
My thoughts continue to be with you and I hope this new stage in your life helps to keep you feeling positive and looking forward.
My Mum made me one of these cakes when I was a little girl, I've never forgotten it! :) Your cake is gorgeous Melody, I am sure Monet was absolutely delighted with it. I am sending you lots of hugs.
Wow - the cake turned out fantastically! Well done, Melody. Wonderful news about the job offer, I bet it's a load off your shoulders to have it all confirmed. And I'm glad to hear you're getting some love and care from the two Mums. I'm thinking of you.
Wow, awesome cake!! I saw it first, in post after this one, and thought it was professionally done, then kept reading onto this post lol It also made me hungry lol.
My thoughts are often with u, hoping that each day gets a little easier for you. Thankfully as u say, u have alot of things happening now to keep u busy...and what an adventure it will be for u all.
Bonne Fete to Monet also...I bet her day was a terrific one!
Hugs from Canada
Sweeet cake! I'm not going to show Isabella that picture otherwise she'll want the same and I don't think I could bake anything anywhere near as pretty. :-)
Glad that you have family and grand plans to get through the days.
Post a Comment