Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Scream...


Monet and I walked down the beach yesterday, especially for an ice cream.  


Yes, it was as nice as it looks, but melted so quick you have to couldn't really enjoy it.  

When Lyndon's mother (Nanna) was up here the other week, we ate dinner one night in Cairns City. It was followed by an ice cream from an ice cream parlour, a promise made to Monet if she ate up all her dinner.  (She was always going to eat up all her dinner in the first place, she was eating a ham and pineapple pizza!)  Well, Nanna and I were not going to let Monet eat an ice cream on her own were we, so we followed suit.  

Monet indulged in a huge chocolate (so rich it burnt off your taste buds!) ice cream, Nanna had a gigantic Cherry Ripe flavoured ice cream (delicious apparently) and I?  You'll all screw up your noses when I announce that I had a gigantic Red Bull flavoured ice cream.  I'm now screwing up my nose with you all.  It was so over flavoured, I could hardly eat it.  Mind you, our ice creams were melting faster than you could say 'Urgh, Red Bull ice cream?'  We ended up piffing them into the bin - too big, too over-flavoursome and melting too quickly.

I think I'll just stick to Spearmint Choc-chip (my favourite) from now on.

What's your favourite ice cream flavour and have you ever come across any flavours that seemed quite unusual? (I know it will be hard to beat Red Bull flavoured!)

14 comments:

Moon said...

My fav will always be chocolate..if its soft icecream, I like the mix of vanilla and chocolate...but frankly I think the oddest flavour I have heard is the RedBull LMAO.. and the thought of it just makes me go EWWWWWW lol!

Anonymous said...

dont think i can beat the red bull ice cream>) doesnt sound very appealing to me. my favourite would have to be jaffa flaboured ice cream. yum yum!!!

Kiki said...

Mmm, now I feel like an ice-cream!!! My favourites right now are Jaffa or Hazelnut Roche. Deeeelicious.

Can't think off the top of my head as to any odd flavours but my stepbrother used to eat vanilla ice-cream with Madeira cake covered in Vegemite. Weird huh.

Alison said...

Red bull ice cream?? Really?? You are one brave woman!
I have to agree with spearmint choc chip though, yum!
A hippy friend of mine makes his own vegan rose petal 'ice cream'. Both he and the ice cream are very weird!

Star said...

Mint chocoalte chip for me too please. Although I am game for something new. I wold have passed on the Red Bull though.

MissyBoo said...

My favourite is Old English Toffee or Cookies'n'Cream, but the weirdesdt one I've ever tasted is Geen Tea flavoured icecream.

You're a brave woman ordering the Red Bull icecream, I would have just asked for a taste!

Anonymous said...

I think redbull flavoured ice-cream is probably quite tame compared to this: http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/04/30/fish-flavored-ice-cream/

Personally my favourite ice-cream is vanilla. But I love ice-cream in Denmark where they serve it with a huge dollop of cream, marshmallow sauce and jam sauce (the same type you get in jam donuts). Yum, yum, yum.

jeanie said...

I am a rum'n'raisin sort of girl, and I don't mind a mango or butterscotch.

Unknown said...

I must say, the non drip thing I assume Monet has looks amazing. I can think of 100's of occasions where this should have been used. I don´t actually like icecream but kimbofo's example from Denmark sounds devine. I got an icream maker with my mixer with so we make our own. I do indulge with a bit of banana and tia after a hard days work on a friday in summer. And lemon sorbet in Italy with the hot shining sun always does a trick too.

Julie said...

Yep definitely can't beat Red Bull ice cream, sounds horrible!!!! My all time favourite is cookies and cream, but I love most ice cream flavours. As do my children, who are the messiest ice cream eaters on the planet. Honestly in a group of 20 kids mine will be the ones with it all over their faces, hands, clothes, not even sure how much they get in their mouths. Oh well at least they enjoy it..... X

Anonymous said...

mint chip is my favorite, too! Love ice-cream in the summer.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am a Chocoholic, soooo...CHOCOLATE, with nothing in it is just fine wity mer, especially if it is very very rich, like Hagen Das.....But, I will eat Chocolate Chocolate Chip, if forced to....(lol) And there used to be a Chocolate with Cholate Chips and Peanut Butter....EXCELLENT, too!

I cannot imagine what Red Bull Ice Cream tastes like since I have never had a Red Bull....! Dies Red Bull taste anything like Beer?
I am not very with it, am I...lol!

Too bad the ice creams melted so quickly....It must have been terribly hot!

Stacey said...

I too love a bit of choc mint icecream and have bought a few from that very same shop in my time!
The weirdest flavour I've ever had was black olive. It was at a restaurant in Melbourne that was all about combining strange ingredients and flavours. It was foul.

Anonymous said...

I had a Maggie Beer fig, caramel and honeycomb flavoured ice cream down in the Barossa the other day - sheer nectar.