Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Breakfast for 3 Please


We went out for breakfast yesterday morning.  It was the perfect start to the day...   So good in fact, I think we'll be doing that again next weekend.  It was deeeelicous. 

 You can order a good breakfast and be happy or order a gooood breakfast and be satisfied in every way (food, company and wallet!)  The latter was us yesterday.

After we ordered, Monet sat doing colouring-in, which the restaurant provide for the kiddies...

Lyndon read the Sunday paper which was given to us to browse...


I sat and sipped my juice and looked at the view of part of our suburb we won't be calling home for too much longer....


And then our food arrived.

Bacon and eggs; poached to perfection, for Lyndon...


Toast with butter and jam, with a side of bacon for Monet....


and myself?  This....


...a 'Breakfast Trifle'.  The restaurant's website menu describes it as follows; (keep in mind the owner of the place has a very firm tongue-set-in-cheek sense of humour!)

“There’s Nothing Trifle about the 'BMG' Breakfast Trifle – Quiet possibly the second greatest 

breakfast dish ever invented - we have taken the humble “traditionally served at 1980’s dinner parties, 

after far to many glasses of Cointreau & apple juice or far too many chocolate oranges have been 

consumed” trifle & given it a little 'BMG' breakfast twist. But, we have endeavoured to keep 

true, as much as possible, to the trifle (or not so trifle) concept. Visualise our taste sensation when we 

take layers of apple infused oats, sugar sweetened rhubarb, roasted tropical ivory (coconut), mixed 

berries & lashings of honeyed natural yoghurt. Mmmmmmmmm, Yep that’s right - No Viagra required 

for this little puppy....Simply sublime.         $11.90 

We will be back to indulge in breakfast there again in the very near future.  

You coming with us?

12 comments:

Kiki said...

That trifle looks (and sounds hee hee) fabulous!! I love that Miss Monet will eat jam on toast, Miss A can't stand it but she's no sweet tooth (other than chocolate).

Some people would be sad writing about their suburb that will no longer be called home, but I know you're not like that. New adventures, my friend....new escapades.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! That looks so good it's sinful. I'd like that, too. Or 'exbennedick' if possible.
You getting excited about the move? (And isn't the weather wonderful again?)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh!!!!! I am a breakfast person and this one seems so delicious and perfect! Count me in next time!
Michele says hello :)

Anonymous said...

Not for the trifle! How unappetising. Bring on th ebacon, eggs, hash browns, tomatoes and mushrooms.....followed by pancakes with lemon and sugar.

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Looks fab! I love going out for breakfast (as long as it's not too early LOL) and always aim for something I wouldn't bother to make myself.

Ms Mac said...

Oooh! I love going out for breakfast, it always feels so decadent!

I think I would have opted for the poached eggs and bacon though. Yummo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your breakfast looks (and sounds) devine.
Leslie

LBA said...

I'll go Lyndon's breakfast, and leave the sweet things for you - yummo :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh wow. That breakfast trifle looks fabulous.

MissyBoo said...

Note to self - Must go out for breakfast more often!

jeanie said...

Oh yum!!! Can we please come too?

Anonymous said...

We are an "out to breakfast" family too. that all looks delicious.