Friday, September 26, 2008

Straight from the pages of Vogue. Or maybe Not!!


I've been busy sewing today.  I'm not a good, neat sewer, but I can sew.  To an extent.  

If I start something I usually have to have it finished within a certain time frame or otherwise it will never get finished.  It will sit there idle until months (years!) down the track when Lyndon will ask "I thought you started blah, blah project?"  Ahem.

But today I sewed Monet a skirt.  No pattern or anything, just a simple skirt in a 'gold' gingham print she picked.  I had noticed in one of the kids clothing stores a couple of weeks back (when I was browsing with my Mother-In-Law) a skirt, made out of black and white gingham, simple straight lines, nothing too difficult, selling for $25.  The one I made today was based on that design and cost me about....umm...$2.  Maybe $3.  

I might not be much of a sewer, but my daughter certainly knows how to strike a pose. (There's nothing to it....Vogue...) One too many model/fashion shows perhaps?




10 comments:

Kiki said...

Classic! She looks great - just like Project Runway (both of you!!!)....I like the simple lines of the skirt and I'm a huge gingham fan, BUT I am a fairly simple girl. Hee hee.

Wish you lived near me, you could teach me the fine art of sewing.

Ms Mac said...

It's a cute skirt and she's working it!

Next Top Models, here we come!

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt, yes that was a nice skirt in cotton on but monets is lovely. Can you make me one too. Size 12 should fit.

MissyBoo said...

Oh Monet's certainly working that skirt. She gave me a great big smile (especially the last photo)!

I love the skirt too!!!

Sarcasmo said...

Good job! And no patten either.

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous girls!!

Louise said...

I love it!! It's very similar to a black and white check skirt we just bought for Chloe on sale for $15. I thought it would be faster if I bought it. It's a fantastic shape though and I thought I might make all my girls one and a slightly longer one for me!! Well done you!!!!

mountaingirlrae said...

A big congratualtions! I need to make myself soem summer pjs and keep putting the job off (and at least yuu start the projects!). The skirt is very cute, the price is even cuter. Did Monet get the runway moves from you???

Deana said...

Oh she made me laugh. How do they learn to pose so early on? She is really working it!!!

Your skirt looks nice too.

Bobkat said...

She looks like she's been modelling all her life! :) The skirt is lovely. Compared to me you're a master seamstress!