Monday, November 24, 2008

I Wish He Wasn't So High Up...

We noticed a koala in a tree outside today.  I wonder if you can spy it? (Double click to enlarge any of the following photos)


My dad has been complaining the last few nights about a koala making an awful racket so we knew there was at least one about.  (Have you ever heard a Koala? If not, you wonder on how such a lovely cuddly marsupial could ever make such a noise.)


Monet was rapt to see one in the wild, rather than at the zoo. (I hope you can spot the koala at the top of the next photo - I was trying to be artistic!)


I am hoping he'll get down that tree some time soon (he is soooo high up!) so I can get some cute shots.


I don't think I will be able to get any photos of the Bandicoots that live in my parents garden however.  Sorry about that.

14 comments:

M said...

awwwww! I understand they must make a racket but there would be hoards of tourists who would love to see that!

Kiki said...

Oh what a beautiful tree, and "he" looks to be just hanging in there too. You and Monet might need to camp out tonight to get that shot you're after!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Ohhh He Is Darling! I think it is terrific that you got as many pictures of him as you did! I too hope he comes down further so we can see him more "Close-Up-And-Personal"...!

Anonymous said...

I certainly can see 'him'. I'm very glad I can't hear hin=m!

Anonymous said...

Bother - meant to hit backspace but hit = instead.

It should say him.

MissyBoo said...

How awesome to have a koala outside. I would pay for that!

Star said...

Is it unusual to see one in your yard? On occasion, people living just outside the ity limits here, will get brown bears in their yards. Mostly because they are not able to ind food without coming so close to humans. They are cute, but dangerous .I imagine the Koala may be the same?

Marie said...

So cool!!!

jeanie said...

It looked like two koalas from here!

The are very strange and eerily noisy critters, aren't they?

We were once going for a drive through some paddocks and my (then) 4yo brother suddenly yelled "look, look, a wabbit - and its wunning up that twee"

At 36, he has never lived that moment down.

Unknown said...

Aww, he's cute. I hope he comes down lower too, I'd like to see a close up.

Anonymous said...

Cool, cool, cool.

Deana said...

If that isn't the cutest thing!!! Imagine seeing a live koala bear, I love it!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Monet is hilarious!

Bobkat said...

Wow, he is high up. The only koala's I have ever seen were in zoo's and they were mostly sleepy, so I've never heard the noise they make!

Not long to go now until you're off to be reunited with Lyndon :)