Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Better Luck Next Time...

I went to The Grand Mosque today with Kim, Monet and my neighbour, Karen. 

(Note to oneself; Mosque is open to tourists between the hours of 9am and Noon.  Do not go after midday as you only get to explore part of the exterior of the fully-marble mosque.  The exterior looks magnificent, I can only imagine what the interior looks like.  Next time....next time....)


8 comments:

MissyBoo said...

The outside is impressive enough!

I can't believe its not completely finished yet. We used to ponder when it would be finished as we watched the construction commence from our lounge window about 7 years ago!

Em said...

It looks so beautiful. And huge!

Glad you are getting settled in your new home!

Alison said...

Oh wow! I have never really been interested in building or architecture, but that is stunning!

Kiki said...

It is so beautiful, I just love the endless amount of white....white is my new black! Can you tell I've been choosing white paint colours this past week.

Deana said...

I knew you would find incredible things to photograph there. I love all the angles in their architecture. Great shots.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

UNREAL! I cannot wait for you to get inside, my dear....!
It looks like it is something out of a movie!
BEAUTIFUL Picyures, Melody...!

LBA said...

*awesome*

I want to see the interior too - I have never seen anything like this in my life !!

Anonymous said...

The mosque look really beautiful and aesthetic.