I went around with one of my new friends, as Lyndon had heard said she had a fridge for sale at a good price.
There has been much discussion around these parts about a possible purchase of a new fridge with a bigger freezer. I know that in months to come it will be too unbearable to go outside so one weekly shop will involve the purchase of loads of stuff to be frozen. (Bread and meat for example.) I know what humidity does, after living in Cairns, where nothing can really be kept out of the fridge for more than 5 minutes without melting (like butter) or getting mouldy very, very quickly (like bread). Most things will have to be kept in our fridge and I am not sure if our fridge from home will be able to hold all that I wish.
So I bought her fridge. It is less than a year old and cost less than $700AUD. Not bad for a double door fridge and freezer. In stainless steel. Very nice indeed. Oh, did I mention too that it has a 'drink dispenser' on the front door? I'm showing off now aren't I? Not really. I'd be showing off more if it was an 'ice dispenser'.... Our fridge from Australia is now being resigned to be a 'drinks' fridge which is keeping the husband happy.
I also scooped up a bargain 'butchers block/trolley'. I have been wanting one of these for years. That cost about $50AUD.
Lyndon went around to collect the fridge and the trolley, with a couple of neighbours last night and came home with yet another (bargain) purchase - a digital surround sound package, never been used. He was very excited as it is a top brand and our other one broke some time ago. Lyndon assures me that the sound will be impeccable (which is a good thing).
By the way, did I mention that we actually got our shipping container on Monday night? Made me very happy to say the least. The removal guys (eight of them) arrived at about 4pm, brought in all the boxes, set up all the furniture, unpacked my kitchen and were gone less than 90 minutes later.
This place is now beginning to feel a lot like home.
(I will post photos when all has been unpacked and put into a proper home, which could be some weeks away! *heehee*)
12 comments:
Gee i love your fridge
What a bargain
nice one
Can't beat a bargain like that! Good job!
Lovely fridge. Must havve been like Christmas all over again, getting all your stuff. Did everything make it undamaged?
I love some good bargain shopping! And what great news that the container has finally arrived - I know first-hand how lovely it is to re-acquaint oneself with one's belongings! Have fun unpacking.
Nice!!
I LOVE the fridge and such a bargain. Must be nice having your own things again though.
So glad to hear that your stuff has arrived at last! You must eb so happy :)
I love that fridge. It looks big enough to sit inside if it gets too hot, LoL :D I would be jealous but it's far too big for my little kitchen ;)
Thanks for the well wishes. I will let you know how everything goes once I'm back on line. I appreciate your support :)
Woo hoo - all those new presents (I have severe butcher's block envy now!) AND your container. A journey of rediscovery ahead of you.
Ooh good fridge!
When we bought our fridge last year I really wanted the ice maker but the husband talked me out of it. How I wish I'd stuck to my guns!
Glad all your stuff finally turned up - all ours goes into a truck tomorrow morning. Hopefully they won't get lost between Bundy & Brisbane !
You got some really nice stuff. That fridge looks brand new.
My next fridge is a double-door ice dispensing unit.
I never want to live without ice 'on tap' ever again :)
Post a Comment