On Sunday, the beginning of the working week over here, my sister, Monet and I ventured into the 'Family Park' area of Abu Dhabi City. Monet was in playground heaven...
She had a blast playing on all the little playgrounds situated in this park area, which was quite large. The park caters for families with little kids, right through to your skateboarding teenagers. And for one of those child's aunt and mother, an opportunity to take some photos of the city building surrounding the park.
After a good wander around and Monet running from play equipment to play equipment we made our way to 'Marks and Spencers' in the city. (Yes, Abu Dhabi has the British store, M&S. Of course it does, this is the UAE and nothing, absolutely nothing should surprise you!)
On the way we got to take some photos of the fantastic murals which line the underpasses. They were good for a giggle!
We all made purchases at M&S and then walked back to the family park area along the 'Corniche'. The 'Corniche' is a road that surrounds basically the whole island of Abu Dhabi, (because Abu Dhabi is an island). It has been wonderfully thought out with walkways and parkland, looking out across the Arabian Gulf.
The underpasses are like little architectural masterpieces with water fountains and mosaics. They really were something else.
Lyndon met us and drove us home, as I am not quite yet confident to hail a taxi by the road side! All in due time...
10 comments:
Simply an amazing place.
I agree, simply amazing. Quite a lot of Australians there, I beleive.
EVERYWHERE has an M&S, except Australia...
Seems like you are really setting in to your new home/city and have your big sis so close now is another bonus
Lynne
Do you spend the whole time you're wandering around just exclaiming over everything? I do it every time you post pics of your new home so I can't even imagine what it must be like for you guys.
I'll be a 'them' if you like?
Could you get Monet to hail the taxi? Just a thought! :-)
You guys are being very adventurous, exploring your new surroundings.
I couldn't keep up with the different places that sound or look so similiar. I love Monet's photo with her pretty tights in front of the mural. That is fantastic. The whole place looks fantastic.
Farque, I am jealous of all the beauty !!
and M&S and H&M, fer sure :)
Boy 2 is now of an age when Boy 1 went to London, so I am getting out and reloving all his old H&M clothes now :)
Oh good GRIEF!!! I TOTALLY want to go and see this place!!! It looks INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks for opening my eyes again!! :D
Post a Comment