Monday, January 12, 2009

The Normality of it All.

Life is getting to normal here at our house.  

My sister is now back in London and all of our stuff from the packing boxes have finally been sorted.  I have a big fridge full of perishable items and my pantry cupboards are near to over flowing.   All I really need to do is get Monet's education sorted (which I have begun to look into at long last) and get my UAE driver's license, once my passport with my newly issued resident's visa is back in my hands.

It was so nice to sleep in our own bed after not having it for over two and a half months.  It was also nice to sit back on our couches and listen to music, or watch tv.  


I have my kitchen all sorted out now and I just love it.  Lyndon calls it my shed.  I have basically everything I need or could possibly want, so the kitchen has been getting a work out.  It is nice to have my cookbooks back and close at hand.  I might not have a dishwasher (all in due time) and I am still on the lookout for a set of  'Global Knives', but otherwise... 


We have set up the stair landing as Monet's playroom.  It is huge.  HUGE.  And she loves it.  I quite love the fact that it deters her from having her toys in the living areas.   At least this way her mess isn't in my face all the time!  *heehee*  As our villa is only 2 bedrooms, but has enough room for four bedrooms, Monet's playroom will also be doubling as a guest room.  So be warned if you are planning a visit! *heehee*


Otherwise not much is happening in these parts of the woods.  I'm too busy getting on with normality!

9 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

oh the joys of our own home comforts and cherished things ..especially the bed .
It is looking quite cosy and I am glad you are setttling in well Melody.

Anonymous said...

Looks just like home :) Glad you are settling in.

Red Dirt Mummy said...

I can well imagine how much you are loving your own 'stuff'. The vast majority of ours stayed packed for the three months we were between houses and I was overjoyed to see, and even better use, my things when I finally got to unpack them. Have fun playing house!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like everything is coming along very very well....The house in order....Your Bed In It's Proper Place---HOORAY!
I'm trying to understand about the size of your Villa...you say it has two bedrooms but room for four?? Are there unfinished areas?
And how wonderful that Monet has such a nice large area for her toys and such....! It all sounds wonderful, my dear.

Anonymous said...

What are you options / requirements for Monet's schooling this year?

LBA said...

No dishwasher ?
I don't think I could cook without one :p

And i'm still waiting to see if there's room for four ( we require board and meals thanks - oh, and maid service ! ) .. hmm .. is it my requirements that have stopped you from saying 'yes' I wonder ? ;)

Gorgeous. said...

Wow it looks fantastic! ;D Well done! : D

jeanie said...

I am sorry - I saw a photo of benchspace in a kitchen and the rest of the post passed in a blur.

Benchspace in a kitchen does that to me.

Bobkat said...

It looks great :) I especially love your kitchen and the whole place has an airy feel to it :)