Runner-Up prize would be 'Melissa & Doug's Lace and Trace'. Many an hour spent on the couch (and planes!) with Monet using the thread to sew around shapes.
First prize I award to these...
PopBead People. Not exactly plane friendly (too many little bits to drop and lose) but never the less, hours of fun, endless possibilities and still getting a good workout after having for over two months. I got a packet each for the nieces as part of their Christmas presents and as far as I know, they liked them a lot.
Any other worthy contenders out there that you know of worth me looking into?
8 comments:
We love the lace up things, too!
Miss F is currently obsessed with Polly Pockets. I DESPISE them. With a very big passion. Except for the part where Miss F can be totally absorbed in them for hours on end.
They are a good lead in to conversations about private body parts and personal boundaries etc etc.
Hey, I've never seen these PopBead People...whereabouts did you find them?
I haven't seen PopBead people either! Boo is currently engrossed in anything she can cut and glue - pom-poms, pipe cleaners, stickers, sparkly bits, felt animals and the dreaded GLITTER!
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the mess outweighs the peace???
"Wego"
Probably more of a boy thing, but I just love seeing what he will invent next, and then explain to me what all the parts do, and how they make the vehicle ( usually ) fly ( usually ), and then if you modify *this bit* it can hovercraft or whatever.
I don't even mind the bits all over the floor..
Oooooooo I almost bought those lace and trace bits for Talia for Christmas.... Wish I had now that they have your seal of approval. It would also help her get the hand of sewing as she gets all muddled up and quite frustrated. Looks like you have your home all sorted out now, I bet life over there is so exciting.... X
For the first time in MANY years I didn't even go into a toy shop for Christmas. Man, it felt good.
yes thank you...I did manage to find a few pop beads bits and pieces after your visit.
Fun :) I always loved Fuzzy Felt as a child and they still make it!
Post a Comment