Friday, January 16, 2009

So Hot Right Now.

Not the weather.  It isn't hot here.  Bit chilly in fact in the mornings and late afternoons.  But this isn't supposed to be a post about the weather.  It is about what is 'so hot' to (me right) now.

IKEA is.  I *heart* IKEA.  Close to three years without being living anywhere near an IKEA, I am wondering how I ever survived without it.  

Do you love my new IKEA 'lounge' cushions?


Not the greatest of photos to show the colour.  This I know.

I love the new place mats I purchased too.


I think I loved the price even better.  (About $3AUD each)

I am loving the tiny cans of Coke you can buy here.  150ml.  Just enough for a cola hit.  I can never get through a 'normal sized' can without feeling bloated.  I can't help but smile when I see the teeny cans in my fridge.    


Spinney's (supermarket) donuts.  Shite they are tasty donuts.  And I don't usually 'do' donuts after working in a bakery for many years (and a week stint at Donut King - but that is another story!)  How could I not like these donuts.  Look at how pretty this one is.


I am very much enjoying my first cup of tea for the day.  A brew of  Twining's Earl Grey.  Sets my day off nicely.


And finally my iPod has had a new lease on life.  Ever since Lyndon got the bargain Denon Amplifier for the TV with brilliant speakers (same time I got the fridge, remember?), I have gone back to listening to more music than ever.  

These are the things I am finding so hot right now.  How about you?  What's hot in your household right now?

13 comments:

Gorgeous. said...

The Wii is hot in our house right now!! ;D And Dragons apparently!:D I LOVE my kettle for hot tea, my new reclining sofa which makes me feel a little like the characters of Wall-E but not enough to stop me luxuriating in it and my wide screen for my computer... LoVinG it! :D

Of course if I were ANYWHERE WITHING DRIVING DISTANCE of an IKEA I'd have a house full of wonderful stuff!!! ( LOVE the cushions!) I don't even have one within 3 states of me. Tragic. It really is!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that you are finding so very many "hot" things in your life right now....IKEA being one of them...! As I sit here typing at my computer, the long white table/desk that my computer sits on came from IKEA, and the smaller one at right angles which holds my Keyboard...Yup! Ikea...And there is one other important piece, too, ALL a part of my Office Area, which holds my Printers....
The only thing about these three things was---THEY HAD TO BE ASSEMBLED!! You know the sentence...'...Some assembly needed....'...Right! LOL! Well Thank God I have a friend who did this for me, otherwise they would still be sitting here, 16 years later, in their boxes....I DO think IKEA is Wonderful, though, these three things are the only items I have from IKEA.....

In all honesty, I cannot think of anything that is HOT right now....except maybe the weather...lol!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Hmmm... it's about 42C outside right now so it's fair to say that my house it hot. BUT, I'm loving my air-con which is keeping me nice and cool. Very hot item of the moment is my new red mixer - I've used it at least once every day for the past week and LOVE it.Oh, and raspberry bullets - WAY HOT! Ben 10 and Tinkerbell are currently hot with the small fry - dvd's, PS2 games, colouring books, stickers, whatever.

Anonymous said...

Do you know I have NEVER been to Ikea. NEVER. Am I the only person in the world who can say that? The nearest one is 1600km from here and when I go on holidays I don't want to look at housewares.

Star said...

I think everyone has a love affair with IKEA at some point in their life. We just put away all the Christmas trappings so we are enjoying things being neat and tidy. Fos as long as that lasts.

Bobkat said...

The cushions look fab on your sofa (and a bargain too!) :D

Life sounds great for you and that is wonderful to hear. My new iPod Touch is hot as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure how I lived without it before!

MissyBoo said...

Hot at my place right now (apart from the weather - see Red Dirt's comment) is the Cafe Press Grill I got from Santa, and my ever trusty BBQ!

Moon said...

I am happy you are finally feeling at home..getting your stuff finally..and omg, nothing like ones own bed!! I love all your hot items lol...Speaking of Ikea, I really like it but rarely go , it's not close but we just found out there will be a new one in our neck of the woods soon!! Can't wait!!

M said...

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. Nope. Nothing really hot right now at my place. Oh, do like my new sandles. Bargain at 50% off.

Ms Mac said...

I've got a temperature at the moment but I suspect that's not what you were talking about.

Love the new lounge cushions and I know what you mean about the wee cans of cola!

jeanie said...

V - but that is another blog post!!!

Love the place mats.

Deana said...

That place mat is awesome. I really like the style. And the tiny Cokes are fantastic because I don't drink too much soda when I only wanted a little bit anyway!

Kiki said...

Freshly picked roses, frangipanis and passionfruit are "so hot right now" in my house. When I woke earlier and made my way into the kitchen all I could smell was their beautiful scent. Reminded me once again I am living a great life. I don't stop and think about it anywhere near enough.

Hey...talking music, word veri. for today is 'hytones'. Cute.