Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wednesday Arvo

(Two posts in one day?  Gee what's going on?)

I got my hair cut today at The Souk at The Shangri-la.  How posh.  I am going back to my 'new' hairdresser when the time comes.  He did a fabulous job and I am happy.  Don't think it will be looking like this tomorrow though... (Thank you for the photo shot Miss Monet!)


Lyndon had this afternoon off due to him working this evening, so after he and Monet picked me up from the hairdressers, we ventured into Abu Dhabi to visit the InterContinental Hotel.  

We had 'heard' there was a proper fish and chippery around those parts, but alas we didn't quite find it.  Instead we explored the marvellous hotel's environment.  It was rather beautiful with it's own marina.  And I am a sucker for a lovely marina.


Did you notice the 'typical UAE skyline?' in that above photo?  And just how green is that water?  That green is my favourite colour by far!

We sat down by the private beach and had a cool drink...


...and a bite to eat at the Beach Bar.  Some kind of Fish'n'Chips it had to be from the Bar Menu.


I felt we could have stayed there all day.


I could think of worse ways to spend a couple of spare hours in our new city.

8 comments:

Em said...

Nice "do"! :)

Bobkat said...

Oh, that looks like a wonderful place to while away a wonderful warm afternoon! The perfect place to debut a new 'do'! LoL. It looks fabulous BTW :)

Gorgeous. said...

Love the hair cut, the skyline and the green of the water.... it all looks so warm and wonderful right now. We're stuck in -1 f (-18 c) temps with snow. It SHOULD warm up to freezing point today though! ;D

Enjoy that sunshine for us, would ya!? :D

Anonymous said...

Lovely hair, lovely water, lovely pavlova. (I've never had pavlova with raspberries on it.)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is really quite an amazing place, isn't it? So much to see and do and quite a lot of very very pretty places...! That Marina is really BEAUTIFUL! Looks like you are enjoyinmg your new home, a lot!
Adorable Haircut, my dear!

MissyBoo said...

Great 'do' :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool hair cut! It really suits you!

It's so difficult finding a good hairdresser, isn't it? It took me about three years to find someone I liked and trusted. I have since gone to the same hairdresser, a lovely Arabic woman, for the past seven years!!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Love the hair! And I love that green colour too.