I baked myself a cheesecake last night, which is quite yummy, even if the cinnamon is a *touch* over powering. It was worth the effort of making which is what counts.
Lyndon and Monet spoilt me with a bottle of much wanted new perfume, which smells lovely (Lyndon did a good job picking it out!)...
...followed by lunch here. We have been there a few times now and each time we say that we can't wait to come back and try something else. And they serve *the* best non-alcoholic drinks on the planet there. Not only is the restaurant good for the novelty or the food, but so worth it for the drinks!! So refreshing.
We came home from lunch via Spinneys where Monet and Lyndon went in and chose me this mini Black Forest Cake for my birthday cake.... (Don't you just love the curly-wurly candles?)
Lyndon is on permanent night shift (starts at around 3 or 4pm and works for a good 10 to 12 hours) so no going out for dinner tonight. It may be another lunch date tomorrow for us instead.
A couple of our lovely neighbours dropped in early this evening and presented me with some gorgeous flowers. They left with grins on their faces as I presented them with a slice of both cheesecake and cake each!
Another year older...



17 comments:
Happy Birthday! Enjoy the rest of the day :)
Happy birthday Melody! Your cheesecake and cake look fabulous!! Enjoy your day...
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, My Dear Melody! The cake you made looks absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! Amd that Chocolate cake with those adorable Curly-cue Csndles is adorable!
It must be such a treat to be finding all these great Restaurants in this amazing place!
I hope your "day" is or was, a Fantastic one, my dear!
Happy Birthday, Melody!
Oooh, I love Valentino perfume, but haven't seen that one before.
How nice of your neighbours to give you flowers... very thoughtful.
Happy Birthday, Melody! It looks like you celebrated in style. :)
Happy Brithday!!!!! That cheesecake looks awesome!!!!
Happy Birthday!
I LOVE cheesecake, especially homemade cheesecake with proper cookie crumb edges. Yum.
Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your evening to yourself, and I hope it is an excellent year.
Happy birthday Melody. And btw, both cheesecake and chocolate cake are calorie free on your birthday.
I'll say it again, I wish you a wonderful birthday and a terrific year in your new homeland.
It's lovely to receive perfume when someone else chooses it for you, esp. given Lyndon knows what you like.
Hope you get out for lunch today. Isn't food just fabulous! :-)
Happy birthday! Your baking always did make me hungry. Nice to see that some things haven't changed since I last blogged.
Sounds like the perfect way to spend a birthday (except for the night shift.)
Happy birthday to you, M! I too have just hit the 36 mark ... not such a bad place to be!
So glad you had such a nice birthday! :) I only wish I was able to celebrate with you :)
Happy birthday my friend even if it is a bit late!!
Hope you had a lovely day, by the look of that cake I'll bet it was wonderful
Lynne
xx
Melody I hate I missed your birthday! I hope you have a wonderful year. I knew we were close to our days!
Post a Comment