Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time for a Catch-Up on...not much really!

The title says it all.

...In the past week I have secured Monet's place a the Nursery School with the registration fee, only to have another Nursery School ring up on the same day to tell me they had a position available for Monet!  (Isn't that *always* the way.  Tried for months to get her into somewhere and then it rains offers!)

...I went grocery shopping with out Lyndon for the first time since being here.  I'll tell you what, having my UAE driver's license has been a God-send.  

...We went to the Le Meridian Hotel on Friday for lunch.  My lunch was delightful. (I swear they were the best wedges I have ever had!)


Lyndon had a couple of pints and I drove home, late Friday afternoon, through city traffic.  Lyndon thought that was wonderful.  (Don't blame him!)

...Spent the last few days  having a swim at the pool.  The water has been rather refreshing and Monet has been enjoying herself swimming around.  

...Took Monet into a Park in the cit yesterday for a bit of a play.  Was rather pretty in there, after finally finding the gate to enter the park.



...Have an old girlfriend from High School and her husband coming here tomorrow for an early lunch.  Both come from my hometown and I haven't seen them both for at least 15 years.  He is a chef who works in Dubai and she is a nurse and is nursing in Al Ain (both in the UAE).  Will be interesting to see them both.

...And finally I will leave you with a drawing Monet did yesterday of her mum and dad.  She was so proud!  Isn't Monet adorable in this photo?  Well I think so, but I am biased. 


Hope you've all had a good week.

13 comments:

MissyBoo said...

Yes she is absolutely adorable, and not just in this photo but all the photos I see of her.

Congrats on a nursery school! And well done on negotiating the Abu Dhabi traffic

Kiki said...

Hmm, that seems like a big catch-up to me! You're definitely not boring woman.

Lunch looks swish, trying to find the gate at the park had me giggling and I think your picture in the drawing with the HUGE earrings is gorgeous (as is Miss Monet of course!!).

Thanks for the update and I hope you enjoyed your lunch date.

Mookah Studio said...

dont forget my BIG hug for Brenda!!! and of course hi to Neil as well.

Can I just say that lunch looked fantastic and has made my mouth water. Red and kids supposed to be coming out to the Mookah studio today for a play date with Cooper.

Star said...

I had no idea that Lyndon has such big ears. That is Lyndon, right?

jeanie said...

Its the way of life, a chance comes through with company.

The freedom of having a license is amazing, isn't it?

The food does look wonderful - as does the park.

Good luck with the catch up.

And Monet lives true to her name.

Bobkat said...

That is the prettiest smile she has :) And what a little budidng artist you have!

It sounds liek you are enjoying life out there and from your photos it looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love the heart in Monet's drawing.

Julie said...

Enjoyed catching up on what you have been up to and ummmm yes those wedges do look rather tasty!!!! OF COURSE Monet looks adoarable in that photo, she is a true beauty for sure!! X

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Adorable indeed.
I hope she enjoys Nursery school and so do you.
The park looks great too and her artistry is fabulous.

I hope the catch up is a lot of fun and you find more firm friends.
I am hungry for wedges now !

Deana said...

Congrats on nursery school. It sounds like you are starting to really get around well there. I like your blue banner look. Very pretty.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE her drawing of you and Lyndon...it is reallly quite wonderful! And she is indeed, ADORABLE in that photo and in all the photo's you shpw us....But she is particularly sparkly in this picture!
It sounds like you are feeling more and more at home there...And having your license...THAT has to make a BIG BIG Difference.

Anonymous said...

You really are enjoying that driving licence, aren't you! Loving the pictuires and stories of your travels, just loving them.

LBA said...

She is a cutie-patootie .. I don't think you're biased at all ! x