In blaring 40 degree heat (a 2pm kick off can you believe?) the teams of eight fought three games of 6 minute halves (something like that anyway). There were dozens of teams and the team we were supporting, The Abu Dhabi Falcons, didn't win a game but they did all enjoy themselves.
There were a few stretched groins and hamstrings in our team, but at least no one suffered from Heat Stroke. Well, Monet's little pal Holly (whose dad was playing) did become hot and tired and apparently had a 'power chuck' in the car on the way home. Her and Monet had been earlier playing on the jumping castle and Holly had been scoffing down the free pop corn on offer mixed with sweets and crisps. Not a good combo.
We enjoyed ourselves and Monet got into the sprirt of the game by supporting loudly on the sideline; clapping, cheering.
It isn't everyday you get to participate, nor support good friends in the shadows of Tower cranes and The Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi...


11 comments:
Hee, hee. The word verification here is 'PREGO'!!
Anyway, I was just going to say that I don't understand the obsession with touch football, do you? There's loads of people at work who play it, and one of my staff has been injured so many times it's ridiculous (broken ribs, pulled muscles, bruises etc). But at least our guys do it in cool weather. Can't believe anyone would play it in 40-degree heat!!
That's JUST. TOO. HOT. For anything!!
Except for the power chuck seems laike agreat day.
Every good story ends with a power chuck!
Nothing like a good game of touch! I would have played :)
I think you would expend as much energy on the sideline of such games - especially in the heat.
Glad you all had a good day (and it wasn't YOUR child who chucked up!!)
I am extremely jealous of the weather. It's getting cold here now in QLD, T shirt and long pants days again. Today is wet, cold, rainy., cold - did I mention cold?
Bouncy castle + 40 degree heat + lots of sweets is an easy one to figure out.
Sounds like a good day though, even if you could only watch from the sidelines.
I'm with you...I don't think I could play Rugby or any other kind of heavy-duty game...And in that heat, too! All these games seem so hard on the body, in heator cold...BUT, in that kind of heat...It just feels like it would be like being punished!
That sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon :)
Sounds like it was fun :)
Post a Comment