London was fantastic as usual. I love that city. I really do. I love the hustle, I love the bustle, I love the sites, I love the food, I love the shops, I love the transport, I love where we stay, I love that my sister and her partner's flat is close by, I love seeing new stuff and I love revisiting the old stuff. (I'm not a big fan of the tourists though.)
Monet handled London like an old pro, after all, it was her third visit to the city - little show off.
There's Buckingham Palace. Do you think the Queen might see me?
Oooo I can see London Eye through those buildings!
There's Big Ben. Gong....gong....
And she even started doing impersonations of the woman who does the voice over on the Tube. The next stop is Earl's Court. Mind the Gap please, mind the gap. This train is a District line train to Richmond. (You have no idea....)
However she was disappointed (once again) in going to Piccadilly Circus and not discovering what she thought was there; I love carnivals, she mentioned to me when she asked where we were headed.
She was very keen on seeing a real live soldier,
...on seeing the lions in Trafalgar Square and visiting the Dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum (which just happened to be a short 15 minute walk from our hotel.)
The three of us had a terrific time away and saw many things - some for the first time, some for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time. (Maybe even more)
We can't wait to do it all again some time down the road with a baby in tow...
If you've never visited London, you must.
(Click on any photos to enlarge)

12 comments:
Glad you all had a great time and got to catch up with big sis again, but I'm glad you're home again, and back on the net! How did you do that black/white photo with Monet in colour? It is beautiful.
Before I moved to London, a Brit told me that if you don't love living in London then you don't love living. I totally agree - it is the best show on earth, isn't it!
London is definately on my list of places I want to visit. My 2 oldest girls have traveled there and both loved it. Mygrandson got a big kick out of the voice on the train to New york when we went to see the Rockettes. He mimicked it as well. He loved the "watch the gap please"
I LOVE that bottom photo of Monet- so clever to make her stand out like that.
I love London too but I think you've been there more than I have! :-0
She looks right at home in that last photo. Like she was born to walk those streets!
Miss Monet is becoming quite the world traveller :)
I love what you did on that last photo
Has she really been three times? I thought it was only twice...
Do you mean to tell me there is no circus in Picadilly Circus? I am feeling very let down.
BTW - my word verification is blerps - just thought you would like that one.
I lived there for two years and I think I know it better than Melbourne. I've been back a few times but not for a while - you've made me a little 'homesick' now!
I like London too - but for visiting only. Would hate to live there (too big). When we were there last year E charmed everyone in earshot by saying (loudly, of course), "Mum, when can I see the Queen?"!!
I have been in London twice---both times for almost three weeks...I LOV IT! I Love The Theatre there and both times saw as many plays as possible....Museums, too, and of course, the Usual Tourist Attractions....!
I am so happy for you that you all had such a GREAT Time, my dear...And getting such a nice visit with your sister, too!
I love seeing Monet waltzing about as if she owns every bloody 'town' she visits. So damn cute to boot. She's grown up so much since I last "saw" her.
Maybe you guys could stop off in London for a year or two after AD?
Post a Comment