Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fitting Into The Family Unit

Our Lily will be three weeks old this Sunday.  Hard to believe.  It feels like she has always been here.  She is slotting into our family unit quite well.


We're going along okay.  Besides me having mastitis this week, I'm doing fine.  On Wednesday night I felt like I was dying, I was shivering beyond control, rugged up in bed.  My bones ached, I had a headache from hell.  I knew I had the symptoms of mastitis and saw a Doctor yesterday afternoon who confirmed this.  I'm now on a course of antibiotics and am still feeding the little one well.  

Grandad and I took Lily on her first shopping expedition to Marina Mall during the week and she quite liked being pushed around in her pram, all bright eyed and looking cute.  She fell asleep and I forgot what it was like to 'browse' without a child who likes to look at everything and states what she likes, dropping hints on telling me she'd 'like' this, that etc.,  Give Lily a few years and she'll be just like Monet I presume.  


Today Lily experienced her first luncheon outing, at the German Restaurant at the Beach Rotana Hotel.  She slept for a while until she decided it was time for a wail but we coped.  

So we are trying to carry on with family life as if Lily was always here, and we're all doing a mighty fine job if you ask me.  


Just don't come knocking on our front door anytime soon, our villa looks like a bomb has hit it, but we'll get around to cleaning it up one day...  

12 comments:

Tanya (aka NetChick) said...

Hey Melody! Great to see you over at the MEET n' GREET! Long time no see, for sure.

What an adorable newborn, as well as your older child... you have a beautiful family.

Have a great weekend!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lily is so BEAUTIFUL, and Monet looks very very sweet holding her. I love Lily clutching the top of Monet's blouse....Sorry to here about the Mastitus and hopefully that Anti-Biotic will take care of it, pronto!

I know you must be so enjoying having your father there wih you, especially with dear Lily's arrival...And how great for him, too, Melody!

Have a good weekend my dear...
Oh, and Toni Colette's series may be out on DVD soon---I would think they would release the first season before the second season starts. If I hear anything difinitive, I'll let you know.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Melody...Could you do me a great favor. I am unable to contact Tanya at NetChicks...I don't have her email, and her site won't let me stay on it...Could you give her my email and ask her to contact me...Them I will have her email so I can at least tell her about this problem....
Thanks so much!

myrtillo1984 AT yahoo DOT com

MissyBoo said...

Sorry to hear you had mastitis :(

Sounds like Lily has fitted into your lives like a dream. And don't worry about the villa - you have a 3 week old baby... and then a toddler! It could be awhile before it's clean again!

kurrabikid said...

Oh, mastitis sucks. I had it with E and here's hoping I can steer clear of it this time round. Glad to hear your outings went really well. We have done a few small trips, nothing ambitious yet. And I've yet to take both kids out on my own yet ... gulp!

Jean said...

Your little girls are cute! Just don't worry about your house, it will set itself right in time. And when the little one starts walking,.. that's a different story!

Here from Netchick's.
Have a great weekend.

Mookah Studio said...

Glad to hear Lily is fitting in well, cos I don't think you can give her back! Yay for antibiotics.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hi Melody, thanks for dropping in on my Journal. You have a great blog.

Marie said...

Sorry you were not feeling well, Melody.

You have 2 gorgeous daughters!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're all fitting in well together - who cares about housework!

Stacey said...

Oh don't worry about the housework! It will wait for you.

Ouchies for the mastitis. I never had it myself but I believe it hurts like hell. Hope you're feeling better.

Small Town Mamma said...

pfft .... housework can soooo wait! Baby-gazing and bonding cannot.