Thursday, October 15, 2009

Learning to Smile :-)

My beautiful 5.3 kilo baby is beginning to give us some rewards.  

By attempting to smile.


We've all had quite a few smiles given to us, but alas the camera is never there to capture the right moment.


We are nearing Lily's 6th week but it feels like she's always been here.  I know, I have said that before but it is so true.  She is growing wonderfully, sleeps pretty well at night, though it is pot luck if she sleeps for a 6-hour stint or a 4-hour stint at a time, but I'm not complaining.  When she wakes during the night (usually) after a quick 20 minute feed she goes back down without a drama.  We've only had a few nights where she'll cry and not go back to sleep at 1am (or whatever early am time it is) in the morning for a couple of hours.  

Clothing wise, she's out of the 0-3 month old wear.  She's definitely into her 3-6 month old wear (probably similar sizing to an Aussie 00) and before I know it, she'll be the next size up - she seems to be growing at an incredible rate.  

I still can't get over how much she looks like a baby Monet.  When feeding or holding Lily I feel like I am in a time warp of 5 years ago and I'm nursing baby Monet in Melbourne with our city view apartment.  It is scary stuff when that happens!

I'm blessed to have two most gorgeous girls and am very much in love.  

Especially when they attempt to smile...

10 comments:

kurrabikid said...

Melody, she is absolutely gorgeous!! My little one is gaining plenty of weight too - the doctor put her on the scales yesterday at her 6 week checkup/immunisations and she was 4.8 kilos (3.3kg when we brought her home). That milk's good stuff, eh? Or maybe it's the fact she CANNOT. STOP. FEEDING in the early evenings. Anyway, it's brilliant to see both our wee girls thriving.

Marianne said...

Lily is soooooo cute Melody
I love all the photos
Love nanna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jeanie said...

Isn't she beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Little sweetheart!

Small Town Mamma said...

gorgeous! And nearly as big as 6 month old Ryan! He is just tipping the scales at 6.2 kgs!

kimbofo said...

She is very cute. ;)

Anonymous said...

She is quite beautiful, M. Beautiful.

Bobkat said...

She's utterly delightful!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your second stint of motherhood.

Sorry, I haven't been visiting here much lately. Things are kind of crazy here but I hope to get back to more regular blogging soon.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh she is soooo very Beautiful! And isn't that amazing that she looks so much like Monet did as a Baby...! Such a sweet sweet face...And I saw the smile!

MissyBoo said...

You made me smile :)