Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monet's Doll

...is 6 weeks old today.


(I believe Lily looks like me as a baby in this photo...)

And yes, Monet does think that Lily is a doll half the time!  A real life one.  The girls are interacting with one another more so than ever.  It warms your heart to see.  I will never actually forget the first time Monet met Lily and then proceeded to sing her a lullaby.  :-)  I keep telling her that we have a lot to look forward to with Lily growing, as I know sometimes Monet struggles with having a newborn in the house (constantly told to shush; Monet doesn't know volume control in her voice!) but she's getting better with not being an only child any more...  When you hear Monet telling Lily how much she loves her or when Lily is presented with a drawing done by her big sister, you know everything is okay with the world.

So everything is going swimmingly.  She's a beautiful baby who is a hit with all the mum's at Monet's school (who coo and ahh over her every morning and afternoon).  

I can't complain about the lack of sleep I have because we have nights were I can get in a chunk of four or five hours solid sleep.  Some nights she'll wake up every couple of hours for a feed (like on Friday night but I suspect it was a growth spurt) and other nights I am getting up around 2 am and then 5am.  I am finding feeding so much easier second time around.  I had heard women say that but didn't believe it.  I believe it now.

Lily isn't a big dummy/pacifier sucker, but at times it does help when she just can't nod off but you know how tired she is.  She's not a 'spewy' baby either.  Sure there have been a few chucks here and there and a few dribbles, but otherwise she's not.  

And our girl is now most definitely into an Aussie size 00, or a 3-6 month old clothing.  Her Bonds Wondersuits in the 000 were getting a little too tight for the wee one, so last night she progressed a size.  

Lily's citizenship is in the process of well, being processed and once that arrives (hopefully in the next couple of weeks) we'll then get her passport.  After that it is hopeful booking of air tickets so our family and friends can meet our new addition. I cannot wait for Lily to especially meet her two Grandmothers and Great Grandmother, who I know feel the same...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fast they grow!

jeanie said...

Awww - she is gorgy.

I have no idea what clothing sizes mean (and nor do some manufacturers) but I remember that one 00000 given never got a guernsey and some 0000 were very fleeting. Once you get to the 000 and 00 the memory blurs and I think I don't regain it until about size 3!!

kurrabikid said...

Sounds like you guys have well and truly settled into life as a foursome. And I love that little dress she is wearing in the pics ... too chilly for little dresses here (except with warm tops underneath!) so I fear the 000 dresses Thea was given as gifts could go unworn.

Star said...

So beautiful. I can't believe she is 6 weeks old already. The CP is almost 3 weeks into being a big brother. He loves his sister but there are some grumblings. Like today when I got something to take home to the baby when we were at Disney on Ice. He told me that Sparkles already gets plenty of presents.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So Very Sweet! I love that Monet things Lily is her 'living' doll. It's really great that Monet is getting used to the idea that she is no longer an only child...And it sounds like Lily is a pretty easy Baby, too.....
She sure is growing fast, isn't she?

BTW: I bet Monet will really enjoy Halloween this year...I am assuming they do Trick Or Treat there, but maybe not....Hope Monet has a blast getting all costumed up! (lol)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

They are both adorable ..it's in their genes ;)


Lily is a doll, so precious and cute as.

MissyBoo said...

They are both very beautiful x

Stomper Girl said...

Both your girls are gorgeous. I found feeding much easier 2nd time round too, but I fed the first one for 22 months so I think I got plenty of practise. And second siblings just learn to sleep through he racket the older child makes, which is such a good thing. As is the way the firstborns can sleep through the night wakings of the baby. It's just we parents jumping awake at the drop of a hat!

Anonymous said...

She looks so alert in every photo you post!