Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Car, a Teething Baby, Shoes and a New Garden

It feels like a lifetime ago since I did my last post. Since my last post, a few things have happened that I'll tell you about.

I got a new (to me) car. She's lovely and her name is Tina. No more hire cars for us! Yippee. Over the past 18 months, we spent 44,000 dirhams ($13,000AUD) on my hire car and travelled 41,000 kilometers in it. So now I have Tina.


We did a 'car swapsy' with our old friends over here who are moving back to Australia. They are taking over ownership of our Subaru and we've taken over ownership of their car. No cash has exchanged hands and both cars are worth the same amount. You wouldn't read about it. (Well, maybe you might because you just did.)

My baby turned 8 months old last month. MissL has (just about) 5 teeth, has a head of thick blond hair and grows cuter by the day.


I've discovered navy blue really is her colour. Brings out the blue in her eyes.


MissM has just over 5 weeks of KG2 left for the school year. After that she's on 12 weeks summer holidays. She's trying to do her best for the remainder of the year, as she's working towards a pair of these...


After much nagging (from me), we finally got a back garden at the end of last week. It was done for under a third of our original quote we got from a landscaper. We are very, very happy with the job done and makes our place feel a little more homely.


What's been happening in your corner of the world then?

9 comments:

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Wow, there's lots happening over your way! Love the new car, Miss L is GORGEOUS - I want to leap through my screen and eat that child!! - Miss M's 'wish' is fantastic (I want some too) and the backyard looks brilliant! Having lived with a sandpit of a backyard that couldn't be used much of the year I can sure appreciate that one.

kimbofo said...

TWELVE WEEKS HOLIDAY! My goodness, why didn't we go to a school like that? ;-)

Love the garden. Looks very swish.

kurrabikid said...

Your backyard is fab! And Miss L does indeed look lovely in navy. Lots going on in your corner of the world - does the acquisition of Tina mean you're staying long term?

jeanie said...

Wow - impressive ticks on the list there - and look at that beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

I would work extra hard for a pair of those shoes too!

Your little one is a beautiful girl, but you knew that already.

Tamsyn said...

She really is so adorable! Your gragen looks great too, it's one of those things that really helps make a house feel like a home :)

Missy Boo said...

Can I have a pair of shoes like Miss M, please?

Some big achievements going on in your corner of the world :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Twelve weeks?? Do ALL kids get that? Are the authorities crazy? It's not so bad when they're little and delightful like MissM...but try entertaining older kids for three whole months. Sheesh.

Is that real lawn?

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful. What's happening in my part of the world? Helping my 26 year old daughter shift house. Whew! Like your car and garden. Autumn here now in South Australia, and very pretty.